Honored Contributor

I do not watch Evine but late last night I was channel surfing and there was a black and white polka dot dress by KL.  I was very surprised at how cute it was and reasonably priced.  Have any of you seen his designs?

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I do not watch Evine but late last night I was channel surfing and there was a black and white polka dot dress by KL.  I was very surprised at how cute it was and reasonably priced.  Have any of you seen his designs?

Those aren't his designs. He's dead. 

Respected Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

Those aren't his designs. He's dead. 

Yes he is. He worked for Chanel. He hasn't been dead that long, so he could possibly have some designs still out there.Or someone bought his name maybe.

Respected Contributor

Re: Karl Lagerfeld

[ Edited ]

I saw his items online at Lord & Taylor. I bought a handbag in the Karl Lagerfeld Paris line from that site, and they also have apparel. L&T sometimes has sales on KLP items.

Honored Contributor

I own this in the black.  Well worth the price.  Nice material and structure.

Esteemed Contributor

The Karl Lagerfeld clothes that are sold on Evine as well as at Hudson's Bay and Lord & Taylor are manufactured by the G-III Apparel Group. Some of them are quite nice and I have a couple of the nice "chanel" style jackets from the Karl Lagerfeld line that I bought at Hudson's Bay in Canada. I found though that the line ran a size small in some things, I think I had to buy a size 16 or an XL in those jackets in 2017. 

The G-III Apparel group also makes his shoe line and handbag line sold at Lord & Taylor and Hudson's Bay. I've also seen a Karl Lagerfeld outlet store in Las Vegas at the South Premium outlet mall too but their prices were about the same as at the department stores.

Contributor

Just to make a point, Chanel has been dead for 48 years..... Halston has been gone for 29 years....

So just because Karl Largerfeld dying really does mean anything in order with his business continuing.  Other than Vercase who had an unexpected death and his sister took over the business.  Largerfeld most likely took care of stuff like that before he died since he knew he was sick. 

Honored Contributor

@ILTH  @MLM21   Oh, you put it so delicately.  Chanel is not alive and her fashions live on, Halston is the same and others so it is no different for Karl.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Karl Lagerfeld died not long ago.  He already had clothing line out for a year ahead, I think is what I was told.  A year from when, however, I cannot remember.  I am sure he had people designing for him.  He is one of the very celebrated designers.  He designed for the name Coco Chanel.  I love his clothing.  As soon as I heard he died, I went about finding clothing that I knew I would want and love from his line.  I got 4 jackets to add to what I already have as I love the fit and style.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Karl Lagerfeld

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

I own this in the black.  Well worth the price.  Nice material and structure.

I own that jacket.  I bought it right after I heard he was dead.  I also got the black and a white/black checked and a white jacket, all from the same season collection.  I was anxious to get what I could find of his that I knew I would wear for a long time to come.  This jacket looks so Coco Chanel or St John.

I also went about searching for Henri Bendel handbags when I heard they were closing the store.  It is worth it to me because I know they are going to be worth more to me in the upcoming years than what I paid at the time I bought them.  Soon his jackets and Bendel purses will be exorbitant.