Trusted Contributor

Re: KOCO and the blazer, which was far too small so WHAT SIZE?

Blazers are cut to fit the SHOULDERS, not the bust. So for many women with a larger bust, the blazer does not button. A woman might have to go up a size or two to be able to button the blazer, but that would look matronly/sloppy IMO. I've never looked at anyone wearing a blazer and thought "she can't even button it." But do you.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

That Liverpool blazer doesn't have any buttons. I like at least one button on my blazers. It just seems like something is missing when there are no buttons.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought everyone looked fine in the jackets they had on. I prefer jackets and sweaters that have some sort of closure - button/zipper/snaps on myself so I can have the option to wear closed when situation calls for closing - say when it's rainy or windy or I'm cold.

What I didn't quite get were the sleeve length .. was it a 3/4 sleeve, which I do not like in a jacket or did they all just choose to have shorter sleeves? 

I liked how they showed the inside finishing detail. I thought it was nicely done. 

Re jackets in general ... boy do I  miss the Linea line of clothing. Louis knew how to fit a jacket/blazer. Sigh. I've kept a lot of them in my closet, even though they are a bit too large on me now, just because they are so scrumptious. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

@Chi-town girl Just WOW!  Aren't you the snarky one on this thread!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Etoile308 wrote:

I think if someone wants to communicate effectively and avoid confusion then perhaps typing those four additional letters to someone's actual name would go a long way to eliminate any misunderstanding. 

I also think identifying the blazer in question would help.

Some like to wear blazers and jackets open and prefer a tighter fit. Others like to button or have room for an additional garment underneath. There is no right or wrong fit, only what the wearer prefers.

I do wish posters would identify the items they are talking about. It would clear up a lot of guess work and confusion. There are so many times people post about what they just saw presented, but if you missed it or read about it later, you have no idea what they're talking about. I still have no idea which blazer the original post is about.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

I don't read code, I don't write in code. Words matter.

The only snark in this thread was the statement guessing I a was the mother of a host.

Honored Contributor

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

@Chi-town girl Just WOW!  Aren't you the snarky one on this thread!

No @snipsnapsnur - you are!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

I think if someone wants to communicate effectively and avoid confusion then perhaps typing those four additional letters to someone's actual name would go a long way to eliminate any misunderstanding. 

I also think identifying the blazer in question would help.

Some like to wear blazers and jackets open and prefer a tighter fit. Others like to button or have room for an additional garment underneath. There is no right or wrong fit, only what the wearer prefers.

I do wish posters would identify the items they are talking about. It would clear up a lot of guess work and confusion. There are so many times people post about what they just saw presented, but if you missed it or read about it later, you have no idea what they're talking about. I still have no idea which blazer the original post is about.

I agree @JJsMom - we need the item#. Someone may not read the post immediately or during a show

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I don't read code, I don't write in code. Words matter.

The only snark in this thread was the statement guessing I a was the mother of a host.

@Etoile308 - I agree it was a snarky, rude and hostile comment to your post

Respected Contributor

I had no idea what the thread was about.   I just saw the thread today so I had no idea it was about what was on yesterday evening and I didn't have a clue who KOCO was.  To me, it would be helpful if an OP would give a bit more info.  Maybe I should just curb my curiosity and limit more what I open.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.