Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎12-08-2014

She's sitting in a studio and QVC is already pushing spring clothes and accessories. The subliminal message is ""buy spring items"". I watched some of QVC in the past few days and I wondered why so many hosts and vendors were wearing sandals. It looked strange.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,246
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I can understand the shopping channel hosts wearing sleeveless off-season. What I don't understand is TV anchors/weather ladies. On some of the most frigid days here, they can often be seen in sleeveless dresses. The men must be absolutely dying from the heat in their suits, if the reason is the studio lights.

On the other hand, I had HSN on briefly this morning and the host was dressed for winter. Aren't they in Florida? Maybe there's just no "season" for dressing these days. OK by me.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,598
Registered: ‎01-22-2012

The Q can't make up their "retail" mind: sometimes they sell saying there's a lot of winter left, sometimes they sell by telling us it will be warm soon. Sleeveless and low cut is fine for winter evening, ridiculous for daytime selling. Shawn really enjoys defying weather and season.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,588
Registered: ‎09-22-2010
On 1/26/2015 loveschocolate said:

Pat and Jayne were complaining how hot it was in the studio this morning, even with a fan going.

They were referring to "personal summers".

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,777
Registered: ‎03-15-2014
On 1/26/2015 Shaunac said:
On 1/26/2015 loveschocolate said:

Pat and Jayne were complaining how hot it was in the studio this morning, even with a fan going.

They were referring to "personal summers".

LOL surprised they would talk about that.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,588
Registered: ‎09-22-2010
On 1/26/2015 ValuSkr said:
On 1/26/2015 Shaunac said:
On 1/26/2015 loveschocolate said:

Pat and Jayne were complaining how hot it was in the studio this morning, even with a fan going.

They were referring to "personal summers".

LOL surprised they would talk about that.

They do it often. I think it's part of their schtick.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,094
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I have been noticing a few news women wearing sleeveless dresses lately too. I put it to the hot lights on them but I know the gals on the Q are always saying how cold it is there.

I wish they would dress appropriately .......lol

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,777
Registered: ‎03-15-2014
On 1/26/2015 MalteseMomma said:

I have been noticing a few news women wearing sleeveless dresses lately too. I put it to the hot lights on them but I know the gals on the Q are always saying how cold it is there.

I wish they would dress appropriately .......lol

Well, it may be the news women are also having personal summers.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,097
Registered: ‎09-05-2014
On 1/26/2015 Shaunac said:
On 1/26/2015 ValuSkr said:
On 1/26/2015 Shaunac said:
On 1/26/2015 loveschocolate said:

Pat and Jayne were complaining how hot it was in the studio this morning, even with a fan going.

They were referring to "personal summers".

LOL surprised they would talk about that.

They do it often. I think it's part of their schtick.


The schtick is spreading because I heard Rachel discuss it the other morning, but in not such a euphemistic way.