Honored Contributor

Re: Just wondering if I'm the only one...

The hem thing...uneven, shark bite, high low...these are going and will be passe next year.

Honored Contributor

I tend to like it on others more than I like it on myself.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lots of ladies love clothes with embellishments so I think it is good that they are easy to find. I don't really care for it on my own clothes & have no problem finding plain things to buy. 

Finding hemlines that are not all over the place is harder but I can manage.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The hem thing...uneven, shark bite, high low...these are going and will be passe next year.

I hope you are right but I suspect that is wishful thinking.

They've been around for a few years and warehouses must be overflowing with more. The manufacturers think we will buy anything they suggest and believe whatever they say. And in many cases they are right.

Honored Contributor

It depends entirely on the individual garment.

I don't seek it out but I don't write it off completely either. I have a handful of pieces with some sort of embellishment and wouldn't have bought them if I didn't think the embellishment elevated the look of the piece...

And a sharkbite can break up an otherwise boxy straight hem tunic that only serves to chop my legs off mid thigh! The juxtaposition or high/low effect in the length does NOT automatically shorten you or make you appear wider than you actually are...

I love this Hal Rubenstein top with the chain detail at the neckline

Hal Rubenstein The Golden ShellI own it in black.

Trusted Contributor

I like them if they are done well.  I also like classic/plain and adding my own accessories to it.  Its nice that we have options

Honored Contributor

I still like them, however too much of anything isn't good, so I try to mix it up a bit. When I think of hi lo hems, I immediately think of either Lori Goldstein or One World Fashions on Evine, it seems that is all they do. I like a variety, but I will say the Hi, Lo hem works for m body type!   

Respected Contributor

LOL..

I am not one for sparkle etc on dresses unless it is a dressy event.

Now tops you got me. I don't buy any from here but if a top has any type of embelishment is has my attention.

I also love what some call the shark bite tops with the uneven edges.