Honored Contributor

Re: Just wondering if I'm the only one...

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

" I don't want to take on the special care wash after wash. "

This is how I feel .  If just one or two sparkles fall out it would bother me to wear it.

I feel as we grow older a bit of sparkle somewhere takes up the slack from losing the natural sparkle of our youth. As Marilyn Monroe sang in 'Diamonds are a girl's best friend'--and we all lose our charm some day.... Hopefully other assets replace it. I have seen women who do very well with embellishments on clothing or jewelry.

Concerning hemlines I hope the subtle rounded high-low remains viable . I do not like sharkbite for myself as I feel it highlights my problem are of tummy/midriff. Slanted are alright in my wardrobe if they are proportioned for petite , but that 'hangey' (?) side constantly bothers me.

Straight hems and no bling are mainly what I search for lately. Of course to each thier own.

I agree, @okaywitheasypay If just one sparkly comes off, or the material underneath it becomes pulled or something, I wouldn't wear it again.

I do LOVE my jewelry.  That's the bling I can get with!

Honored Contributor

Subtle is the key word for me in hems and embellishments. I don't mind if the embellishment is just an accent, subtle, and tonal. I have a few tops like that, but would not want a closet full of them. I also have a few tops that are a bit longer in the back, but nothing too extreme. I dislike asymmetry and shark bite hems. I would never seek them out. I don't like all the dresses that I have seen recently that some kind of metal bar and/or embellishment across the neckline. 

Honored Contributor

I don't like them becuase the garment stops being easy care (as in machine wash/dryer) Susan Graver tops get thrown in the wash and dryer, but not if the identical top gets embelishment.  You have to hand wash them.  Really stupid.  You have all these plastic stones all over you top ready to get lost in the wash machine or dryer.

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm watching less QVC than I realized.  The only embellishments I have seen is on the Quacker Factory items, and they always have even more during the holidays.

Personally, I tend to stay away from anything that requires extra care or special handling.   The only exception in my closet is a gorgeous turquoise suede jacket.    

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I guess I'm watching less QVC than I realized.  The only embellishments I have seen is on the Quacker Factory items, and they always have even more during the holidays.

Personally, I tend to stay away from anything that requires extra care or special handling.   The only exception in my closet is a gorgeous turquoise suede jacket.    

Oh, man, I'd make an exception for that too!!!

Honored Contributor

No bling, no big bold prints, an occasional pattern, e.g., skinny stripes.  And forget the roller coaster hemlines on anything.

At my age, I'm still a jeans, tee shirt and jacket girl, and in the winter, that goes with boots of all sizes.

Q styles I have never bought:  SG, LG, Quacker, Mackie,

I buy Isaac (except his prints), some D&C (only plain tops).  I'm still undecided on the newer designers.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

I like some bling some of the time...but some of the Quacker Factory tops have too much for any time other than evening wear. I do like embroidery on them with a couple of stones for sparkle.

Honored Contributor

I don't do a lot of bling. I don't care for sequins or rhinestones or anything that looks "bedazzled". I do like appliqué and embroidered looks though!

Esteemed Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

... who is sick to death of tops & dresses with embellishments?  Please no more sparkles and sequins.

And I'm sick of tops with asymetrical and hi low hems.  I just want straight hems and no bling.   These have been around for years now and I think it's time to retire the look and move on.

I'm with you 100%.  

Valued Contributor

I am so sick of these tops that look like maternity tops!