Honored Contributor

Re: Just tuned in to Fashion Night In

I have 2 thoughts -   one is that the old QVC is not in fashion in my personal life pretty much at all.  (Not that it matters, but if I want to wear what was, I already own it.)

The other is that I do believe when the vendor made that wedding comment she was dressed in a black top and the solid black joggers.  (Still not sure why it's wedding appropriate, but way better than the camo.   And not for nothing, but I went to a Saturday night wedding in the old Wannamaker building in center city Philadelphia some years back --  the vendor's outfit might  have been a vast improvement over the woman dressed in a well worn denim jumper.)

Valued Contributor

I turned it on and saw what was going on among the three and turned it off. Unappealing. We went through the pajama season now we will go through the jogger season

Occasional Contributor

I have commented on fashion once in my history of QVC/CVN so I obviously feel strongly about my comment.  There are some fabrics and styles,( tight fitting pants of light weight fabric, especially) that plus size models should never wear.  I was embarrassed for the gal that modelled such an item Monday because every bit of cellulite on her legs showed as if she were naked.  I wonder if the stylists who put these ladies in these outfits to model realize how horrible they actually look.  There are some types of clothing that just don't work for every body type, regardless of what the hosts day. 

Trusted Contributor

Sometimes I tune in on Mon. For fashion.It surly is not the old qvc anymore.Then we have Amy talking like she is talking to her kids.So off it goes,will look on my IPad,go to the movie channel.The silliness just gets to me.They are there to sell,when together with others it's a circus.

Trusted Contributor

There is no variety. It’s jogger pants, leggings, sweatshirts, T-shirts and open cardigans throughout all the QVC lines. I wouldn’t consider QVC to be runway fashion forward, but at least we used to have lines like Motto and GILI (when Lisa ran it) that offered More uniqueness and style.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Effie54 wrote:

My fear is that the world is going in the direction of informality - with Zoom meetings and staying home for extended periods of time. Somehow the mind set changes into that of a homebound person; no more makeup, dress clothes, and we sink into accepting pajamas as every day wear.

@Effie54 , I think you are spot on.  The pandemic definitely changed things and some I don't believe will ever go back to the way they were.  People are more accepting of things that they weren't accepting of before and it will now be the norm.  

I think a lot of people have realized they don't need some of the things they were doing before and there are a lot of businesses that will never be back to pre-pandemic.

Trusted Contributor

Often times if I know I will be staying home and no one is coming over I wear Pj's or sweats so I do not have to put on a bra and be uncomfortable.  If I am going out or have guests I dress up and look very stylish.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lois in SCC I am embarrassed for you, what you chose to write in your 3rd post in almost 6 years.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

My fear is that the world is going in the direction of informality - with Zoom meetings and staying home for extended periods of time. Somehow the mind set changes into that of a homebound person; no more makeup, dress clothes, and we sink into accepting pajamas as every day wear.

@Effie54 , I think you are spot on.  The pandemic definitely changed things and some I don't believe will ever go back to the way they were.  People are more accepting of things that they weren't accepting of before and it will now be the norm.  

I think a lot of people have realized they don't need some of the things they were doing before and there are a lot of businesses that will never be back to pre-pandemic.

I know! It seems that the pandemic was so traumatizing to everyone that everyone reverted back to an unconscious "fetal" position, i.e., wearing pj's all day and skipping the beauty routine. I grimmace when I go to the orthodontist's office and I see these teenagers in their slippers and Pj's at an appointment. I so hope businesses rebound though. I miss my brick and mortar stores.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Steffdoggy10 wrote:
Andreatoo, I would’ve loved to of heard that camo wedding comment! Too funny, now I’ve heard it all!

@Steffdoggy10 

to be fair she didn't specifically point out the camo version; just that the pants could be worn anywhere. Even a wedding!!

Yikes! lol I actually entertained the notion trying to envision the appropriate wedding guest attire that included a pair of joggers!! Nothing came to mind

Woman Wink

Ha ha -- depends on the wedding, and if you look around, there are some doozies out there where one might be overdressed in joggers! Smiley Surprised