Super Contributor

Just received the OTO Newsworthy Skirt...anyone else? What do you think about the sizing?

Hello,

This is my 1st qvc fashion purchase & since it has so many great reviews (and was a oto!) figured I'd try it!

With all of the talk about qvc vanity sizes & needing to size down (many of the reviews said) I ordered an XS. I usually wear a size 4 in brick & mortar stores.

I find this skirt to be VERY tiny in the waist. In fact, I can only get it on if I put it on over my head vs. stepping in & pulling up.

I was really surprised that it was so small in the waist. I even measured it against some of my size 4 pants/skirts and it's smaller.

Did this skirt run small on you ladies too? I did notice the older reviews say it runs big and newer ones say it runs small so maybe they resized it over the years.

Just curious what you thought! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Just received the OTO Newsworthy Skirt...anyone else? What do you think about the sizing?

Yes, it did. I purchased the pastel multi color one and had to size up one size due to the lack of stretch in the elastic of the waistband. Its not you, its the skirt itself!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

Re: Just received the OTO Newsworthy Skirt...anyone else? What do you think about the sizing?

Oh great, I haven't gotten mine yet. UGH. I wear 2 in B & M and ordered xxs based on the hip measurement. My waist is very small, but I'm hoping it won't be too constricting. I HATE returns.

Respected Contributor

It's funny tha this is your 1st purchase since this particular skirt has been sold on the Q for 9 yrs!

Super Contributor

The waist is small. I had zippers put in.

Valued Contributor

Might be the skirt for me because usually they are big on me and I wear a 4.

Valued Contributor

It is on clearance now and what was the price when you purchased it?

Super Contributor

I think it was $19 for the OTO price.
Valued Contributor

I purchased the multi last year and just love the pattern, but it runs small. More like a B&M store than QVC sizing. I originally ordered the XS and had to change it for the S. I am 5'3", 108 lbs. I'm usually an XS or XXS in QVC clothes.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the replies ladies!

Zita--Your info really helps. I wanted to make sure that this wasn't comparable to how most qvc clothing sizes run. I assumed this skirt runs smaller than average but since it's my 1st clothing item I wasn't sure. Sounds like it runs a size or 2 smaller than most clothing here. Thanks!