New Contributor

Re: Just received the LAMO TSV with the sweater-like cuff! Fabulous!

Got my Lamos, ordered normal size 8 fit is really nice love them hope this helps, I was on the fence when ordering should I size up or not, So I stayed true to size and glad I did

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

Therein lies the problem...some sized up and they fit and some stayed with their regular size and they fit. I liked the red and blue, but I didn't know which size I'd need. 

I bought my exact same size, a 9M.  My feet will usually fit a standard 9M and I can often wear the shoes off the sales rack.  But my feet slid inside these so my toes rammed into the front of the boot, then rammed back into the heel of the boot.... even felt like it was sliding side to side.  I simply couldn't wear them.  I was planning to wear them without socks but felt it would not be a problem wearing socks with them but really dislike the feeling of socks inside a fur lined boot.  

One thing to consider is that the faux fur inside WILL flatten down with wear flat and the boot will eventually get even bigger. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I liked them but I didn't buy them because my Lamo boots from the past two years are still in great shape.  They say size up I bought my regular size both times and they fit perfectly.  And I usually wear a wide width.  A size larger would have been too big.

Super Contributor

Got the brown for a gift and they were so cute I went back to order a pair for myself, but color I want on wsitlist. Hoping someone sending back a black pair that didn't work out!!
Trusted Contributor

I've been wearing the real thing Ugg Australia, for years.  Comparatively Lamo is at best a cheap immitation. The complaints customers have just don't happen, in my experience, with Uggs.  Uggs are lined in real sherpa. This lining carresses your feet, doesnt strangle them.   The toe box doesn't slope forward entrapping the toes.  AND you can spot the real thing from across the room.  There is such a difference in quality of the construction and the materials.  I did so hope to have found a less dear substitution for around the house but Lamo isn't it.  BearPaws, real suede, sherpa lining come close and HSN offers many styles priced very inexpensively. 

I'm happy for everyone sho is pleased with their Lamo purchase but hope they give themselves the gift of the real thing some day.  You can buy one quality item that performs and lasts or you can waste money on imitations that wear out and just don't ever quite measure up.

Trusted Contributor

Mine are on their way right back.  I opened up the outside box and got a strong whiff of chemicals.  I then opened the shoe box and the chemical smell was overwhelming.  I purchased the black and have noticed with other items in black, jeans and some leather handbags all have that same chemical smell. 

I bought these for my sister and she wanted black but I won't be giving them to her since she has asthma and could never tolerate that smell, I know I couldn't.  I really wish they would start selling products made in the USA instead of China.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree it is a hit or miss with this lamo brand [in the sizing department only] I really wish they would come up with a half size and a wide for the ladies who need that. I went up from a size 8 to a 9 in this brand they fit me perfectly and they are not too big for me. I have several of this boot in different styles not the one with the sock .. I would be concerned that sock part would get dirty or would rip and pull with all the pulling to get them up.  Just me... I have to have something to worry about.  LOLWoman Indifferent

Esteemed Contributor

@CoG wrote:

I've been wearing the real thing Ugg Australia, for years.  Comparatively Lamo is at best a cheap immitation. The complaints customers have just don't happen, in my experience, with Uggs.  Uggs are lined in real sherpa. This lining carresses your feet, doesnt strangle them.   The toe box doesn't slope forward entrapping the toes.  AND you can spot the real thing from across the room.  There is such a difference in quality of the construction and the materials.  I did so hope to have found a less dear substitution for around the house but Lamo isn't it.  BearPaws, real suede, sherpa lining come close and HSN offers many styles priced very inexpensively. 

I'm happy for everyone sho is pleased with their Lamo purchase but hope they give themselves the gift of the real thing some day.  You can buy one quality item that performs and lasts or you can waste money on imitations that wear out and just don't ever quite measure up.

I have several pairs of the Uggs and love them all. The problem I have with the Uggs brand is there is no protection for snow, rain or ice. I buy the Lamos for that kind of weather. Last year was the worst winter we have ever had in the northeast. My lamos  got me though the worst weather and kept my feet and toes toasty warm when I was shoveling snow ... They do measure up and are worth it to me as the got me though the worst of the winter. They also do well when I was walking on ice something my Uggs never did. And believe me some people can not tell the difference until they see the label. I love my lamos they seem to look better with each coming winter. I will continue to buy them .. I am very happy with every Lamos I have ordered from QVC.