Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl   As long as there is something else for me to buy, I see no reason a company should not offer lines I don’t want to wear.  

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

I'll give it a go; I like that she includes pockets in most of her designs. 

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

To each her own!!!!

I am a boomer, but keep myself in great shape and look decades younger.

I love LOGO--the colors, the lace, the joy of the design. The clothes just flow, never wrinkle, and are great to flit around town or take on trips.  A favorite for casuals along with Isaac, Quacker Factory, Denim & Co., etc., which is why I am a QVC shopper.  I do like Linea as well for the more traditional look.

But I am also a  FANCY shopper-- and I wear St. John, Marchesa, Ruiz and others for special occasions, cruises, New Year's and so forth.  Sequins call my name.  So lucky to have Saks, Neiman, Nordstroms, Macy's, JCP (and formerly one of my favorites, Lord & Taylor) all within a short driving distance.

I have enough clothes to last until I pass away, and hopefully I will never change my size.  But I still buy new items--just because.

Bring on the bling--I love jewelry and diamonds even more than fashion.

Isn't it great to be part of a SHOPPING community?  

@FancyPhillyshopper  I enjoyed your post. You sound like me:  someone who really loves clothes. Because I do, I can usually find something that appeals to me from almost any clothing line. Hence, I have a very eclectic collection.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

Why don't any 'just my opinion' threads ever lean positive??

It's just my opinion BUT I think Lori has some great woven blouses!

You know. Like that......

It's more interesting to me to hear what you like. I could care less what you don't like. Why do I need this information??

This ☝🏻

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper    I love your enthusiasm and exuberance.  You must live near KOP Mall. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

Why don't any 'just my opinion' threads ever lean positive??

It's just my opinion BUT I think Lori has some great woven blouses!

You know. Like that......

It's more interesting to me to hear what you like. I could care less what you don't like. Why do I need this information??

Because everytime you turn QVC on the baglady is there with her horrific clothes. They are terrible. They take Lenia off and give us non stop trash. And that's my opionion.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just my opinion

[ Edited ]

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I realize to each his own but I am so tired of LOGO styles and weird hemlines and too much "clutter" around the hip area!  For my age (67), I prefer more tapered and conservative, classic styles.  

@bargainsgirl you know you don't have to buy LOGO, right? I like tapered and conservative, classic styles too, just not all the time...  I get tired of that too...

@HLP I like Linea and I like Logo.  I don't buy eveything in the line, just a few things in each.

@haddon9 @bargainsgirl Logo has greatly reduced the items with lots of extra fabric around the hips.  The items I buy are not voluminous.  And I don't like the hip pockets!  When I have them, I never use them.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee what I'm saying is that I think certain fashion looks typecast a woman. And I don't really want that. I'm aging gracefully as they say, but I don't want to appear as if I'm tied to a particular "look" that mostly women my age embrace. I get that some women like that; they have a signature style. I'm not like that. For example I know someone in my age group who only wears blue. All shades. Never another color. EVER. She adores the attention she gets for having her signature look. That's fine for her. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper - I agree with the others who like your post. What a NICE post!

As for me,

Sometimes I feel like a nut; sometimes I don't!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

In general I feel that for us older women, less is more. That said, there are many older Boomers who enjoy a multi layered, sequined, bedazzled, embroidered whimsical look. Lots of attention getting jewelry and accessories. This is certainly a fashion look in itself. For myself, I prefer a colorful wardrobe but everything in moderation. If I wear a brightly printed dress I keep the accessories to a bare minimum. Sometimes I enjoy a simple neutral look- white, tan, black. Agree with original poster- too much fussiness in a garment isn't appealing. To me, you can almost tell the age of a woman who is totally LOGO. 

@fairydogmother  Is there something wrong with "telling" the age of a woman? Should women try to look much younger than they really are?

What exactly are you saying in your last sentence ?

LOL!!!  Really.  I don't care how "good" you look people can tell you are old!  Period.