Frequent Contributor

Just joined MrRebates and now can't order online with QVC (only!)

Has this ever happened to anyone else and what do I do?

I can view my order status but I can't put anything in a shopping cart to make a purchase! I get 'system error' messages & all kinds of computer gibberish. I've also been told that the QVC website is down and to try again.

I've e-mailed Mr. Rebates and they told me it is a QVC issue. Contacted QVC and they can't find a problem they even re-set my password. Still no improvement. I use my husband's new computer and can order on QVC through MrRebates with no problem. Can my operating system be too old? (5 yr old computer). I was able to order from HSN & Loft through Mr. Rebates with NO Problem!

Interestingly, this is also happening to my mom who just joined MrRebates. She had to call CS this morning to get the new Linea denim items.

Super Contributor

Re: Just joined MrRebates and now can't order online with QVC (only!)

I've had ongoing problems with QVC.com for months and months. Probably their problem.

Honored Contributor

Try a different browser.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion but I have tried Mozilla and Google Chrome. Same results!

Contributor

That's strange. I've been using MrRebates with Q online for at least a year or so and never had a problem. Not great with computers myself to offer a suggestion, but I hope it works for you eventually.
Super Contributor

On my previous computer, I could never use IE to order anything from QVC. It wasn't a problem on any other site, just QVC. I got that same system error message. I changed to Firefox and that worked fine (as long as I disabled Adblocker Plus, which stops the relevant cookies being readable by Mr Rebates).

I got a new computer, a Mac this time so IE is not an option, and everything works great.

QVC's programming code is horrible and notoriously doesn't work for many people. I'd guess it is a combination of their code and your old computer.

Honored Contributor

Take a look at clearing out your "cookies". We have a lot of extra security on our computer but I use Mr Rebates (when I remember). Also you can go to a site the regular way, put things in your cart; close out that site, go into Mr R and go back into the site and your cart will still be there. Then check out through Mr R. Good luck!

Frequent Contributor

OH, Good Ideas!!! I've got to go to work for a half day today. When I get home I'll try those ideas!

THANK YOU!!!

Honored Contributor

We have always used IE & never had any problems using Mr. Rebates ordering from any site I shop online.

I don't know about Firefox. My sister downloaded it & it put a lot of other cr~ap on her computer. She said she downloaded it from Firefox. Firefox told her it did not come from their link??? Now DH has to fix her computer yet again with Team Viewer since she lives in another state.

Super Contributor

I have a 10 year old computer and have used Mr. Rebates on QVC for years-never had a problem!