Honored Contributor

Re: Just how many names for knit can QVC come up with?

@UpTooEarly wrote:

...unless they have been spoiled by early synthetics, which I believe were pretty plastic-like.

@UpTooEarly   I was thinking that may well be the case.  Some posters here  may not have bought polyester since the time when Travolta wore that white leisure suit in Saturday Night Fever!  Polyester has certainly evolved since then, and for the better.

Honored Contributor

There seems to be some confusion by a few about knits being a fabric.  Knit is not a type of fabric, it refers to how a fabric or material is put together.  Just disregard this post if you already know the difference.

Fabric can be made of materials such as silk, or polyester, or wool, or rayon, or cotton, etc.  (By the way, "satin" is not a material; it is a type of weave.  You can have satin made of silk or polyester, etc.)

Knit or woven are just two ways the fibers or threads or yarns are constructed into fabrics.

The difference between a knit fabric and a woven fabric is shown here.  They are constructed differently:

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

There's actually one more (at least) - Citiknits.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

There's actually one more (at least) - Citiknits.   Smiley Happy

@ValuSkr I wasn't counting the defunct lines.  In that case there are probably a lot more! 

Besides, my first post wasn't naming all the lines.  It was an examples of the lines I could think of off the top of my head.  "Including but not limited too...."

Honored Contributor

I know your list wasn't meant to be exhaustive.  It's just that I don't miss a chance to poke fun at that silly name - as if the fabric's designed to appeal to the urban sophisticate.  Funny that some Citi items are still sold on Q's site.