Respected Contributor

Re: Just how HIGH will they go?

The Graver line is owned by QVC.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

I have bought many S. Graver tops on ebay and Poshmark for much less and they are like new.  I also sell them on these sites too because I have lost weight or gained weight.  Liquid Knit wears like iron so there is a good chance you can get something that is pre owned but still nice for a fraction of the price.

Esteemed Contributor

There are so many other places to shop for women’s clothing.

Major retailers have web sites, and offer attractive clothing often on sale, with free shipping once you reach a certain amount.

And some, like Talbot’s, who normally sell much more expensive clothing, have some excellent sales.  You have to keep on looking.

And while Susan does offer some petites, which I wear, other retailers often do.  I do find the best time to buy is off-season.

That’s where the biggest bargains can often be found.

Respected Contributor

I was actually thinking about getting the sleeveless tunic she had on this morning.

Then, I was NO, where is my brain?!?  Wayyyy to pricey.

I did like it in the black/tan combo. But, not for that price tag, plus shipping, plus tax...

I see myself thinking that a lot about a few items of hers that catch my eye,

just can not talk myself into buying...

I have become very choosy about what I do buy from her line.

Her prices have been going up and up and getting more than I want to spend.

Even though, her items are nice and well made that I have bought.
I leave a lot of items now for someone else to purchase...

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

You'd think liquid knit was made of liquid gold. 

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

The Graver line is owned by QVC.

Correct!

How would any of us know SG or LG income?  Multi-millionaires?  I doubt it.

Successful business women designers earning a good salary for their talents (like them or not), probably.

I agree the prices have gone up.  However, I have pieces from both that are years and YEARS old!  They still look brand new.  You get what you pay for sometimes.

I watch the LTS and PTS and pick up pieces at good discounts.

Honored Contributor

I see QVC has a new line Purple Maroon.  They are showing two sweaters that are over $300.  I haven't heard of this brand before.  

Valued Contributor

PamfromCT, Talbot's catalog was the one I was talking about.  Darling things, one in particular which would be comparable to a tropical print SG had on show this morning for $61ish, for much less to begin with and then their great sale and free shipping.  And Talbot's quality is excellent.  I am definitely enjoying looking at and shopping my catalogs again.  There was a time I had pretty much abandoned them and was shopping almost exclusively QVC fashions, but not any more.  QVC fashion prices are no longer even competitive all things considered.    

Esteemed Contributor

I think QVC is upping their prices on most of the clothing lines these days and trying to create QVC into a "higher end clothing shopping channel"..................and yes..as the years go by prices increase...but as others have said it isn't the same huge hike like the B& M and other online stores............there was simple drop shoulder t-shirt style top on today for over $50................then add shipping/tax....way overpriced.  I have ordered some styles from past years ...a few .....luckily most of the things Susan has produced in the last two years don't tempt me.....big florals, tunics galore, round necks, tulip hem jeans, zippers in odd places,etc............so it hasn't been as difficult for me to cut back/down this year as it would have been 2 or more years back.........................

Valued Contributor

Camogirl, agree.  SG has some beautiful prints, but first I see and love the print, and then I look at the price - WHOA, brakes are on.  And easy pay can catch up with you, so that's no biggie either, if you stop and think about it.  I'll take free shipping on-line over this any day.