Valued Contributor

I cannot believe the cost of Susan Graver's new items these days.  Coincidentally, while drinking my morning coffee and starting to watch her show this morning, I was thumbing through a new catalog I received from a very well-known, high end women's store, and found tops that look to be very comparable to Susan Graver's, while not liquid knit, but cotton, with listed price of about 30 per cent less - AND THEN, they were offering 30% off of that price, and FREE SHIPPING!!  (Plus another 15% off for being a certain "member")  How can QVC and Susan Graver possibly continue to exist with this happening?  Used to they boasted about the "V" in QVC standing for "value" since they can keep their prices down because they don't have the overhead brick and mortar stores do, but that sure doesn't seem to be the case any longer.

Been watching the Q for well over 20 years and I understand prices have to go up, but not to the extent they are raising them now-it's disproportionate to what is happending in retail industry right now.  And free shipping at most of the stores that have a website!!! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Just how HIGH will they go?

I love SG and I adore her clothes line.  However, she has pretty-much priced me out of my comfort zone. I do still enjoy watching her shows, however.

Trusted Contributor

Q prices are a higher than I want to pay in many cases. The good news is that if it turns out nobody will pay these prices, they will come down. Or stop going up...

Esteemed Contributor

I've thought the same thing about SG and other Q lines as well.  There are lots of comparable items out there for less, so I'm not shopping at Q as much for fashion these days.  Definitely not as much as I used to do.

Super Contributor

I just discovered Susan Graver and other QVC designers as of a year ago. Never watched QVC until then. I have bought a lot of liquid knit over the past year, however, a top that I would have bought last year for $30+ is now $50-60. The hike in prices is crazy. No one is forcing me to buy her clothes, and while I do love them, I have to cut back due to these price hikes.

Honored Contributor

Just like everything else they will charge what the market will bear.  As long as people buy them they will charge the top price.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

i remember a time when i would look so much forward to shopping a susan graver show.  not so anymore.  i just will not spend that kind of money on clothing.  

Honored Contributor

@just wonder, I feel the same way and also think that LOGO prices are ridiculous. But, these ladies have a huge following making them multi-millionaires. With the large volume of sales that they have their prices will only continue to increase. It is our choice to buy or pass on by. 

Honored Contributor

I guess as high as people are willing to pay. I see her clothing at thrift shops all the time though. 

Esteemed Contributor

ITA, prices are getting too high on all the clothing lines.