Honored Contributor

Re: Just heard the host say again...

@ECBG wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

I think brides and attendents in cowboy boots or tennis shoes is tacky. But it is none of my business just my opinion.

@chessylady I've been to several.  Of course it was the bride's and groom's choice, but  I never liked it.

I think the "get a dress they'll wear again"  was somewhat in their minds.  

Country kids often can't afford or don't want to rent a tux.  They can all wear jeans again, so they all buy jeans.

IMO, I have been to many weddings where long dresses for the  bridesmaides would have been much more flattering.

@chessylady @ECBG   The poor country girl who started that cowboy boots with wedding dress trend and husband in jeans and a tux jacket was unable to afford a tux for her husband and wore cowboy boots herself:  Lauren Bush Lauren.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

I think brides and attendents in cowboy boots or tennis shoes is tacky. But it is none of my business just my opinion.

@chessylady I've been to several.  Of course it was the bride's and groom's choice, but  I never liked it.

I think the "get a dress they'll wear again"  was somewhat in their minds.  

Country kids often can't afford or don't want to rent a tux.  They can all wear jeans again, so they all buy jeans.

IMO, I have been to many weddings where long dresses for the  bridesmaides would have been much more flattering.

@chessylady @ECBG   The poor country girl who started that cowboy boots with wedding dress trend and husband in jeans and a tux jacket was unable to afford a tux for her husband and wore cowboy boots herself:  Lauren Bush Lauren.

@Nonametoday Without a doubt, many times it's a budget choice I'm sure.

I have been to weddings that were budget and weren't. 

I have been to rainbow weddings too.

Honored Contributor

A ball gown?!!!

The last time I wore a dress was in 2004.  I was the mother of the bride.  It was a long formal gown.  I haven't had a dress or heels of any kind on since.

Esteemed Contributor

Last time I wore a ball gown was in the movie Cinderella, LOL........or maybe that was just a dream Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal wrote:

Last time I wore a ball gown was in the movie Cinderella, LOL........or maybe that was just a dream Smiley Sad

🤣🤣🤣👸💃

Honored Contributor

I’ve never worn a ball gown or been to any “balls”. I’ve worn long dresses as a bridesmaid and at my own wedding. I have a couple of solid knee length dresses that I have worn with heels to dressier events, but I don’t need any black tie clothing. 

Honored Contributor

I've never gotten to wear a fabulous long dress or what I would call a cocktail dress.  When I see celebrities wearing some of these gorgeous creations, I think -- oh, wow, they are so lucky, they get to wear these lovely things.  I have even said --- I'd look great in that one!  I have thought a few times, I'd love to go in a shop and just pretend that I actually had a function to go to just so I could try a bunch of the gowns on!  The closest I got to wearing something fabulous was one NY's eve when my date and another couple went to a nearby city and attended a big party at a beautiful hotel and I got this really slinky off the shoulder black formfitting jumpsuit (jumpsuits were all the rage then), with a gold belt and long shoulder dusting earrings, etc., and fabulous gold heels!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@amyb    Liquid Knit -- heavens NO!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

A couple of years ago I saw some pics of a friend’s granddaughter‘s wedding in West Virginia- with the bridesmaids wearing cowboy boots.

Quirky- I didn’t know it was a trend!
Honored Contributor

I have worn gowns going back to the early 80's for formal nights on Cruise ships and for family weddings. I have also worn cocktail type of dresses for New Years Eve formal parties

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.