Trusted Contributor

Just finished a small closet purge.

Did spring and summer clothes plus jeans. Still need to do long sleeved tops and jackets. Took 6 bags (roughly 25-30 pieces of clothing) to a local clothing closet that distributes clothing to those in need free of charge. Had no idea I had that many skirts or that I started with 15 pair of blue jeans. Still need to tackle fall/ winter wear before the season starts in earnest. Feels so good to get rid of the excess.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Just finished a small closet purge.

Such a great feeling 🙌🏼

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

Oh, I envey  your courage ! I  need to do a big purge. The last time I purged alot of my clothes and  alot of vitage wear from the 1970's , I had remorse after it was all gone .

I  found abt a yr or  two later that I could have  reused one of my old long dress caot  in an aubergine color . 

Honored Contributor

@joannecha 

Congratulations on the purge! It’s always a good feeling to know your discards will help others. 

I just went through my closet recently. I am getting rid of a few spring/summer items that I didn’t wear this year. I also tried on my fall/winter pants, skirts, & dresses and will donate a few of those that don’t fit anymore. 

Honored Contributor

@joannecha   That's such a good feeling!  I did that this spring and took about ten large bags to donate.  I need to do it again.  I need to try on my pants and take some of them.  I did that with jackets earlier.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I need to do this.  This is inspiring.

Trusted Contributor

@joannecha 

I actually did the same thing today and have pulled out two bags of clothing, shoes, accessories and need to do more.  

Respected Contributor

I do small purges very often.  My big purges are when switching from season to season and items that were put away for the season are now out to hang and can be looked over and tried on before putting in the closet.

I also check over items that are going to storage for the season and purge those so I don't have to deal with them the next year.

I am (was) a jacket wearer and have so many of them.  Lately, I feel more like wearing long and medium length cardigans instead of jackets, so I have cleared out many jackets this year.  Some I never thought I would want to purge.  It sure works to try on things instead of just "eyeballing" as I still liked looking at all those jackets, but after trying on found I didn't really still want them.  So many are now gone!

Honored Contributor

I am in the process of unpacking fall/winter and washing spring/summer.  I am purging as I go.

Respected Contributor

I am in the process of reorganizing clothes and purging and I purged all those crazy hooded Peace Love World Sweatshirts!  I liked the look for like a minute.