Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I also think that adding another hour of Halston means that the line is doing well, not poorly. Like any other line on QVC, I have absolutely loved some of the items and would not be caught dead in others. Even the ones I would never buy, others did, and loved them as well. A line hopes to offer something for all tastes and body types.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Trusted Contributor

I bought one top from the Halston line and hated the clingy material and it actually looked like a bag on me...no shape whatsoever.  I returned it but did order the TSV maxi dress in black...I hope this material isn't too clingy.  It didn't look like it on the models but you never know until you get it home and try it on yourself.

I agree...different strokes for different folks...no one is going to like every clothing line.  And just because I bought one thing from Halston and didn't like it doesn't mean I dislike the entire line.  There's been things in Susan Graver's and Denim and Co.'s lines that I've liked and also disliked...sometimes you have to pick and choose! 

Trusted Contributor

I really like Jane's retro dresses.  She has a lot of confidence.  

Valued Contributor

So far at least the Halston shows heve not been reptitive.  You don't just see the same items presented over and over in each show.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have a feeling the line is not meeting the Q's expectations and they're trying to ramp it up.  I know I've never seen anything I would even consider buying.  Much of it is drab and baggy.  The TSV looks like a forgotton something they pulled from the depths of the warehouse.

@Kachina624- I purchased a couple of the very early items which were nice but I haven't seen anything I like in a while.  I don't care for the TSV. 

Esteemed Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

I wonder what Jane will be wearing, these clothes are not her style. 

If she wears one of her flouncy retro dresses, it'll be just the opposite of Halston. But Cameron can learn all about the family....

@febe1- I don't see her as a good choice.....Sandra might be nice....Courtney looks cute in anything but the line is not for her age group.  

Esteemed Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

Interesting. Usually when they add a static show, or an additional one, it means the line is doing well. I'm quite certain Jane will wear some Halston on the show (but, yes, I do realize that was simply a dig at Jane). She is better than many of the others about promoting Q clothing and accessories on the shows she hosts.

@jonbon- I like Jane but I just don't think she is the right host for this line? 

Esteemed Contributor

@luv-the-Q wrote:

@luv-the-Q- I do too....they suit her but the H line is the total opposite. 

Respected Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@luv-the-Q wrote:

@luv-the-Q- I do too....they suit her but the H line is the total opposite. 

Right, but the question was that someone wondered what Jane will wear, and another person chimed in about her retro dresses and talking about her family. I just said that I'm quite certain that Jane will wear some Halston when she's presenting Halston, as she's really great about wearing Q stuff on air. If I misinterpreted those comments, my apologies. (To answer your question about Jane's suitability for the line . . . I'm afraid I don't watch a lot of Halston, so I'm not really sure!)

Honored Contributor

Neiman Marcus has some really cute Halston items.  Different than QVC.  They also have Halston at their outlet lastcall.com, along with Judith Ripka, Oranny, and many other  lines the Q sells.