Honored Contributor

I was watching a piece on the Today show today about how to turn Summer clothes, like denim, white dresses and off the shoulder tops.

Their suggestion to make it more seasonal was to add a jacket.

To my eye some of these outfits looked very odd.

How do you feel about this

thanks 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I love the jacket look with jeans and sleeveless tops.  Totally repurposes them.  Also, nice sleeveless dresses you wore to weddings and such.

Honored Contributor

I wear that all year long, I was talking more about off the shoulder and things of that sort

@Sooner wrote:

I love the jacket look with jeans and sleeveless tops.  Totally repurposes them.  Also, nice sleeveless dresses you wore to weddings and such.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I wear sleeveless tops all year around ... as layering pieces under other tops and in the winter, under sweaters.  

There's no way I'm wearing a white dress or pants or shoes after Labor Day.  I don't care who says it's okay.

Respected Contributor

Some things are made just to wear in the summer.  Throwing a jacket over it doesn't change that.

I think it would be very uncomfortable to wear an off the shoulder top with a jacket over it.  

Trusted Contributor

that's also what the vendors and hosts on the Q say. when they say you can wear this top year round, it's because you can simply wear it under a jacket or coat. 

Respected Contributor

What with so many places (even my church) setting their AC at "Siberia" it's always a good idea to have a jacket or sweater handy.

Honored Contributor

Doesn't everyone already do that??  That's what I do starting around this time of the year when it can me warm during part of the day and cool in the afternoons and evenings.  White sometimes doesn't transition like that but last night when we went to dinner, I did wear white ankle pants.  I wore red flats instead of my usual sandals and I wore a red cardigan over a white button down shirt.  I wear denim jackets, blazers, cardigans over my maxi dresses until it's time to break out the fall clothes.

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

Some things are made just to wear in the summer.  Throwing a jacket over it doesn't change that.

I think it would be very uncomfortable to wear an off the shoulder top with a jacket over it.  

NAT:  That's what I'm sayin'...ain't no way that denim jacket gonna make that triangle bikini look like a winter suit.

Honored Contributor

You can probably get away with short sleeve tee shirts by wearing sweaters or jackets over them but a white dress -- I don't think so but then I live in a 4 season state.  I am sure it is different for people living in Miami Beach.  I mean if it's 80 white is approrpriate no matter what month you are in.  Cat Very Happy    I did not see the Today show.

kindness is strength