Respected Contributor

Just a reminder, It pays to read reviews before you purchase anything !

[ Edited ]

I was watching a small segment of the SG show this morning and saw a velour top I thought was so cute I just had to have it ( didn't really need it at all, my closet is full !). A554255.  I wasn't able to go on the website right away and didn't get to look at it for another 2 hrs, thought my size and color would probably be gone.

So when I did get time, I went to the reviews first and saw only 1 1/2 stars and thought wow! what's wrong with this beautiful top ?  all sizes were still available except for a color in xxs. So when reading the reviews of a couple of people it said the top sheds like crazy !  One person said it shed all over her clothes and on the floor at her job !  So I passed on that top.  Reviews are great information. JMO

Honored Contributor

Re: Just a reminder, It pays to read reviews before you purchase anything !

@Goodie2shoes    I've found they sell lots of "dogs" on the Thursday morning SG show and speak of them in glowing terms.  Watch out for the deals as they often are not.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I agree! I try to give myself time to check the reviews (especially on sale prices) . Returns are a mess with trying to track them and checking for the refund to your account. The biggest help with the reviews (IMO) is the fit information.Good reminder to keep in mind. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ALWAYS read the reviews of any item no matter what vendor before I order.  If it sells out before I can order, oh well!

Honored Contributor

Sometimes,  I look at the number of stars. If 100 people posted a review and it has 2 stars, I pass on it. I don't read individual reviews.   

Respected Contributor

Don't people wash garments before they wear them?

I don't think I've ever experienced shedding with clothing, or throws, or anything the way some people report in reviews. And I certainly don't lead a charmed life.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am the odd man out, I don't read reviews and I don't post them either.  

My husband, on the other hand, will read 800 reviews on a $20 item on Amazon.  I can't be bothered with it.

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I don't think I've ever experienced shedding with clothing, or throws, or anything the way some people report in reviews. And I certainly don't lead a charmed life.

@Etoile308    Goid heavens no.  I never wash brand new clothes before wearing them.  They never look as nice after washing as they do fresh out if the package.  Why wash them?

I recently bought the SG faux suede sherpa lined coat which I intend to return.  It shed sherpa over me while I had it on my lap.  If I cared, I'd tumble it in the dryer a bit before wearing but I'll never put it on.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

@Etoile308    Goid heavens no.  I never wash brand new clothes before wearing them.  They never look as nice after washing as they do fresh out if the package.  Why wash them?

I recently bought the SG faux suede sherpa lined coat which I intend to return.  It shed sherpa over me while I had it on my lap.  If I cared, I'd tumble it in the dryer a bit before wearing but I'll never put it on.

I never used to wash clothes either before wearing them until I read some posts on these forums.  They suggested that because of the chemicals or other things that might be on the articles that they always washed new clothes before wearing.  Made sense to me.  Plus if the item shrinks I can return it.

Respected Contributor

@Etoile308  wrote:

I wash every fashion item I buy from any store before I wear it. There could be tiny little bugs passed on and I don't want them. I also wipe any bottles, cans, beauty jars, containers etc with a disinfectant wipe. I have no mental issues, very much with it for 72  years of age. I guess I'm what they call a "clean freak"  Oh well ! Woman LOL