Honored Contributor

Re: Just STOP WITH THE COLD SHOULDER TREND

The cold shoulder has been around since the '70's so I don't think they are just a "trend".  I have a few from each decade.  Every style of the cold shoulder is not for me but the one's I have show off the best of my toned arms but not the underside of them which at times appear crepey.  I get so many compliments when I wear one especially the ones that show off the most arm.  

Super Contributor

I love cold shoulder, been wearing them for YEARS.  I gotta say, with everyone else wearing them, I don't as much anymore.  Some of them are just split sleeve, and they call them cold shoulder.  Bought a few from George Simonton YEARS ago, and from Slinky too.  Put them on occasionally, now I'm trendy!  LOL  Just wear what you like, and what looks good on your figure.  Don't worry what is in or out.  If you like it, wear it.  Fashion should be fun sometimes!  It's the 21st century ladies, love that we have choices!

Honored Contributor

To each his/her own, that's why they make chocolate and vanilla, ...........

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden

This is so not a trend!  I purchased my first cold shoulder top when it was the newest fashion from Neiman Marcus in 2011!!!

It is so old hat it isn't funny.  I agree.  They need to ditch it it.

Respected Contributor

I live in the Southeast and I see women wearing cold shoulder tops and dresses daily.  I bought a couple this summer and I enjoyed wearing them.  However, I won't be buying any cold shoulder sweaters.  For me, it is a warm weather look, but anyone who wants to wear them during the fall and winter...go for it.  I'm sure you'll look beautiful.

Honored Contributor

Early and mid-summer, I saw quite a few of them ... but I can't recall seeing anyone wearing them lately.

I tried the look when Simonton introduced it several years ago.  I didn't like how it looked, so I made it a sleeveless top and wear it under a sweater or jacket.  The cutout at the shoulder showed through light weight sweaters and jackets - that's why I removed the sleeves.

Trusted Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@wilma wrote:

I don't care for cold shoulder anything. I am still seeing it at many retailers, but I don't see it much on women in my city. 

I have yet to see one person wearing a cold shoulder top and I work in a very busy area.  I love to know who's buying them, lol

Cold shoulder tops are not appropriate in an office IMHO.  I only see them on the Q and on a few TV anchors.  Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden,  Just like all makeup and most clothes are made for younger women in their 20's, 30's and possibly 40's.  It reminds me of a 70 year old woman wearing leopard leggings with a midriff top!  Come on, let's get real. lol

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

Really, really tired of the whole cold shoulder thing!! Last winter, I was hoping it would run it's course by summer, but alas, it hasn't!! There are lots of tops I would buy if they WEREN'T cold shoulder. Please stop!

Honored Contributor

Old thread bumped up.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland