Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just Received the Halston Cardigan!!!!!

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45, I feel the fashion magnet pulling me toward that Marla Wynne duster, too. I like the heavier knit. The Model, Valerie I think, killed it walking out to model. I'm thinking about it, would probably go with the black/white since I bought this one in the Browns last year from a little boutique in town (think Lola K would like it, too, sweet little pink in it). I LOVE the hoodie!image.jpg

ETA: I love that the Marla one has pockets, mine above does, too.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Sunnycorle wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Wow! Great to read about the fast shipping/delivery, but esp about the rave reviews. My order for the Heather Granite missed the fast track...it's still showing "in process". Hope that once it ships, it gets on the fast track-vroooom!

I got a bonus on the TSV day-my waitlisted order for the scoop neck swing top was fulfilled and has shipped.  Bought it in the pretty Blush color. For anyone that has this top and the duster, would you wear them together? I think the blush tone + heather granite tones would be very flattering together, but would the fabric & style of the 2 pieces work together?  

Thx for posting & enjoy your new cardi's. Heart I too am delighted for this new Halston line-the best "new" thing to happen at Q in a loooong time!

Hi Chi!  I totally would wear that top with the TSV cardi!  I didn't get the top but bought two TSV's and can't wait to get them.  So glad the ladies are loving this line!! 

Now if we could only go back in time and hang out with Halston at Studio 54! 

@Sunnycorle- nice to 'see you'! What colors of the duster did you buy? I know you love the blush tone-was that one of your buys?

Chi, I got the black and blush.  Black arrived yesterday and its nice, can't wait to wear it with boots and leggings.  Smiley Happy  Blush is being delivered today.  Its getting cool here in Chicago so its perfect timing for these items! 

Super Contributor

I just got home to find both of my TSV cardigans delivered.....opened both and I am beyond disappointed. Wish I had the great experience all of  you had. I ordered the regular Large (my normal size). I am 5'4" so I am borderline on being considered Petite. But the length was the least wrong thing. The sleeves were about 6 inches longer than my arms, the size is HUGE on me (easily 6 inches of extra room on each side of my waist and hips), doesn't come anywhere close to fitting me. I ordered the grey (ok color) and the blush (very pretty) but both have to be sent back because of the size issue. I guess the right size would have been Petite Medium but I am very busty and have not worn a Medium in a sweater since college! I do love the feel of the knit and the buttons.

Respected Contributor

So sorry @TamiT28! That is a major disappointment.  I hope you will exchange them to get a size that works for you. Heart

Valued Contributor

I've had mine awhile. I bought blush. I wore it today with a pair of black knit slacks and a black tank. When I got home from church, it left bits of lint all over my black pieces. It's soft and beautiful, but that part kind of bothers me.

Honored Contributor

Good news about my orders. I received the long sleeved top, blush color on Friday. It was a return-a wrinkled mess rolled up in a plastic bag. Let's just say, I wasn't impressed when i opened the package. Thankfully, it looks beautiful after washing it, tossed in the dryer and no wrinkles/ready to wear. My duster in the heathered granite gray is close...hoping it will arrive tomorrow.

I have a pair of heathered gray cigarette syle pants that should look marvelous with the top & duster. And, my GILI Roma2 handbag in blush-same tone as the top is the perrrrrfect accessory. Can't wait to put it all together.Heart

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Sunnycorle wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Wow! Great to read about the fast shipping/delivery, but esp about the rave reviews. My order for the Heather Granite missed the fast track...it's still showing "in process". Hope that once it ships, it gets on the fast track-vroooom!

I got a bonus on the TSV day-my waitlisted order for the scoop neck swing top was fulfilled and has shipped.  Bought it in the pretty Blush color. For anyone that has this top and the duster, would you wear them together? I think the blush tone + heather granite tones would be very flattering together, but would the fabric & style of the 2 pieces work together?  

Thx for posting & enjoy your new cardi's. Heart I too am delighted for this new Halston line-the best "new" thing to happen at Q in a loooong time!

Hi Chi!  I totally would wear that top with the TSV cardi!  I didn't get the top but bought two TSV's and can't wait to get them.  So glad the ladies are loving this line!! 

Now if we could only go back in time and hang out with Halston at Studio 54! 

@Sunnycorle- nice to 'see you'! What colors of the duster did you buy? I know you love the blush tone-was that one of your buys?

Chi, I got the black and blush.  Black arrived yesterday and its nice, can't wait to wear it with boots and leggings.  Smiley Happy  Blush is being delivered today.  Its getting cool here in Chicago so its perfect timing for these items! 

@Sunnycorle-didja notice the Halston blush tone = GILI blush tone? I think they are complimentary-the Roma2 handbags, obi belt will be great accessories!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Good news about my orders. I received the long sleeved top, blush color on Friday. It was a return-a wrinkled mess rolled up in a plastic bag. Let's just say, I wasn't impressed when i opened the package. Thankfully, it looks beautiful after washing it, tossed in the dryer and no wrinkles/ready to wear. My duster in the heathered granite gray is close...hoping it will arrive tomorrow.

I have a pair of heathered gray cigarette syle pants that should look marvelous with the top & duster. And, my GILI Roma2 handbag in blush-same tone as the top is the perrrrrfect accessory. Can't wait to put it all together.Heart

@Chi-town girl When I started reading this post I was so sad -- then -- a happy ending!  Yay!  As you know I really love that top.  The fact that you received a wrinkled mess bothers me.  I am SO happy you washed it and that you love it.  

You are going to be gorgeous with your duster and handbag! 

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Chi-town girl When I started reading this post I was so sad -- then -- a happy ending!  Yay!  As you know I really love that top.  The fact that you received a wrinkled mess bothers me.  I am SO happy you washed it and that you love it.  

You are going to be gorgeous with your duster and handbag! 

Hi @islandgrrl! Yes, I do think the outfit I have planned will make me look smokin' hot. That gray/blush combo is very sexy. When I started to look at my closet to see how I can style the gray duster, I was drawn to pairing it up with soft pink tones and then my waitlist order moved to process as if it were meant to be, lol. 

I've read some horror stories about the condition of some returned items that were shipped to those on waitlists. Everything from used kleenex and used makeup left in handbags that Q shipped out to fulfill a waitlist order. Used clothing with makeup stains and smelling of stale cigarettes or perfume. Yuk! 

The top I received was a return. I can tell by the product sticker on the plastic bag. It didn't appear to have been worn-no stains or smell. Just the fact that when it was returned it was not repackaged properly and I suspect the 1st customer tossed it in a bag not thinking about it going out to another customer. Q shouldn't charge the full price in these situations.  Either steam the garment and repackage as new with the tissue paper or resell it with a reduced "as is" price. I was going to return it had it not turned out looking 'as new' after washing it. It's a cute top, love the color & all turned out good! 

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl

I myself have returned items that I know were perfectly good for resale (got the wrong item/size and never put it on or slipped it on for 60 secs and could see it was not for me) however I assumed they would be sold 'As Is' or sent to the outlet stores.  It would be a shame to throw away these items that are perfectly wearable for another person.

So good for you for throwing it in the wash and moving on.  It is a great top. Do tell when the duster arrives and you have had a chance to put the whole outfit together!