Honored Contributor

Just Ordered Basso LTS Capelet And...

I just ordered the Basso Lunchtime Special capelet in chocolate and would like to know if anyone already owns it and, if so, what you think of it?  A239818  

I don't own a capelet because they tend not to look good on my small frame, although I've always liked them.   I've been looking for a piece of brown outerwear because I own two brown hats and have not a lot to wear with them.  I own a lot of Basso faux furs and have always been pleased with them but one review saying this one isn't up to his usual quality of faux fur has me a bit concerned about it.  There are also rave reviews so I'm not sure what to think.   I like the idea of wearing something like this to a shopping mall, where I don't want a heavy coat and would like to have my arms free.  I'd probably wear a sweater underneath this outdoors, for arm warmth.  

If anyone does own this item I'd be interested in knowing what you think.  If it's bad, I still might be able to cancel!

Respected Contributor

Re: Just Ordered Basso LTS Capelet And...

Don't worry. This looks like his teddy bear fur. I ordered two of them last year. The caplet looks super cute. I was tempted myself at that price. His quality is great.

Esteemed Contributor

I just ordered this in the brown also.  Do you think this can be worn casual as well as dressy?  This was really an impulse purchase, but cute and a good deal.  I have never bought a Dennis Basso faux fur before.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

I just ordered this in the brown also.  Do you think this can be worn casual as well as dressy?  This was really an impulse purchase, but cute and a good deal.  I have never bought a Dennis Basso faux fur before.

@Biftu  Absolutely you can wear with jeans or otherwise casually. For sure.

Even the reviews from people who wore it for dressy occasions stated they would also wear it casually.  I rarely go anywhere dressy and as I posted above, think it's a good thing to wear to a mall to have arms free and because it's not as bulky/long to carry around or wear as a coat.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it can be worn casually.  Like you, I rarely go anywhere dressy.  Fingers crossed we both like it.  Since this is not structured it should be ok as I am an xxs.  

Honored Contributor

@BiftuHmmmmm.  an xs - I hope it works for you (I''m a medium). One review stated the person is a size large (14) and the shoulders were still too big.   You may run the danger of the capelet "wearing you" as they say and swallowing you up.  But you won't know til you get it home.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Biftu  LOL - I just canceled my order.   It's a great price and I really like the color, but I'm a bit afraid of how it's going to look on me and don't feel like losing the postage if I have to send it back.  So far I have not had good luck with capes & capelets and how they look on me.  So, if I really want one, better for me to try one on locally.   I hope you come back and report how you like yours!

Esteemed Contributor

Pearley - I just cancelled mine too!  I think it is going to be too overwhelming for me, especially in the shoulders.  

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

Pearley - I just cancelled mine too!  I think it is going to be too overwhelming for me, especially in the shoulders.  

@Biftu  That was probably even wiser on your part than on mine.  Being that you are an xs - you should try one on locally also because a cape or capelet can easily swallow you up.