Respected Contributor

Re: June Issue Of British Vogue

She looks lovely--such a soft, pretty look! (I don't mean to insult her, but responding to another comment, I think she does look 75.)

Valued Contributor
Honored Contributor

@jonbon I thought the previous she didn't look 75 comment was referring to Mirren.
Honored Contributor

Tadaki

Cranford is one of my favorite Masterpiece theater series!  Excellent !!!!

Judy Dench is such a gracous, dignified lovely woman and one of the bench actresses of our time.  She deserves all honors bestowed upon her!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@jonbonI thought the previous she didn't look 75 comment was referring to Mirren.

Yes, I think you’re right. Judi D is 85 and Helen M is 74. I think they both look as old as they are (that is, if someone told me how old they were, I would not be surprised). We’re used to seeing them all “glammed up.”

Respected Contributor

How lovely she looks!  I love her in As Time Goes By!  There is a video called: Tea With The Dames.  It is a conversation with Joan Plowright, Maggie Smith, Judy Dench and Aileen Aitkens.  It is a delight!  A true treasure.  It was filmed at Joan Plowright's home a couple of years ago.  If you have the opportunity to watch it, it's on Amazon.