Esteemed Contributor

Re: June Cleaver Fashion- I'm Watching DVD's

I had a crush on Robbie from "My Three Sons".....LOL

Honored Contributor

She was lovely.  I prefer fashion from the 40's.

Enjoy!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Don't forget her ever- present strand of pearls. 

Yes, she always wore them choker-style.

Respected Contributor

June wore the pearls choker style to cover the deep hollow on her neck between her collarbones.   The pearls created a shadow to cover up the hollow.  Something about the TV film used back then was poor quality...

Many of her dresses were from JC Penney. And she had to wear high heels in order to always appear taller than her sons. Later they would have her stand on the stairs.

more:

http://articles.latimes.com/2003/feb/10/entertainment/et-quintanilla10

Respected Contributor

@IMW wrote:

@spot555 wrote:

I've been watching Leave it to Beaver DVD's, & I'm loving it!

I have to say that June Cleaver looked amazing ALL the time (even when Wally woke her up in the middle of the night, lol).

Her dresses, & the tailoring were impeccable. The styles were mainly classic, & could be worn today. The actress was so pretty, & looked spectacular in her clothing. In one episode, she was wearing a winter white silk/satin blouse that was GORGEOUS (I wanted it!)

What a great show....I'm really enjoying the DVD's.   Heart

Don't forget her ever- present strand of pearls. 

Let's not forget the ever-present Eddie Haskel !!  Didn't we all have a

frend like that !!!

Respected Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

June wore the pearls choker style to cover the deep hollow on her neck between her collarbones.   The pearls created a shadow to cover up the hollow.  Something about the TV film used back then was poor quality...

Many of her dresses were from JC Penney. And she had to wear high heels in order to always appear taller than her sons. Later they would have her stand on the stairs.

more:

http://articles.latimes.com/2003/feb/10/entertainment/et-quintanilla10

That's interesting- thank you.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm not of the age to have watched the original but I used to watch old episode reruns all the time with my brothers. Eddie Haskell was my favorite, he always made me laugh. Maybe it's still on somewhere, maybe TVLand?

I had no idea her clothes were from JCPenney, thanks for the info.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Beaver was in reruns when I was in grade school. I used to watch it every morning before school, & I still love it just as much today. Heart

Was JC Penney a top retailer in the 1950's? I had no idea they've existed that many years. 

Esteemed Contributor

@spot555- JCPenney and Sears were THE big retailers in the 50's.  Well, where I lived anyway.   I was born in the late 40's and was a kid in the 50's.  I remember my mother wore "house dresses" with jewelry to do her housework.  Can't imagine it now.... but mom would clean the bathtub and scrub floors on her hands and knees in dresses and low heels.  It was a different time.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I do remember her dresses and pearls... I can not even imagine wearing that to cook and clean. 

But, I even have to laugh to myself how I do look around the house sometimes... and, to think I am still married is even funnier when I actually catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror and I am in real cleaning mode!! 😂

-Texas Hill Country-