Esteemed Contributor

Today's Special on HSN.   Man oh man! if I was still working, I'd have to have this long sweater.  Doubt I'd actually wear it very often, but nifty for special occasions.  Does anyone else like this sweater?   

HSN's Today's Special. a leather bag.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo 

Watching the presentation now.  

I kind of like it in black, but the opening seems too large on the model.  The colors are pretty, but not my cup of tea.

But, like you, I'm not working anymore, so I'd few occasions to wear it.

Esteemed Contributor

No, not at all.  I actually am not a fan of her clothing as I've ordered in the past and have never been happy.  She goes on and on with how her father was a master tailor........blah blah blah!   In that respect she should be better at her qulaity and sizing issues.  JMO, by all means if it's your style I hope you love it, I think it's too long, even in petite I would be swallowed in it.

Honored Contributor

It's not for me. I'm a short person, 5-3 and I think that sweater would look better on a tall, thin person with a long neck.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Juliana Rancic sweater

[ Edited ]

I agree with all of you.  I'm also petite and skinny, so it would probably overwhelm me.  But it looks gorgeous on Juliana and the host Callie.   I've never ordered any Juliana fashion so don't know about the quality.  Just saw that sweater and my heart went pitty-pat.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I like it until I really looked at the turtleneck.  It's too big for me.  An easy dealbreaker.  

Honored Contributor

I always like the look of these turtleneck long sweaters or turtleneck poncho sweaters.  But I had one about 7 years ago, and swore never again!

For me, it's too much sweater that invariably makes me very hot.  Somehow, a regular turtleneck sweater is all good. But this long style feels heavy indoors, and something I definitely needed to take off indoors.  It's like a layering piece that becomes immediately too much for longer than 10 minutes.  Pulling these over my head and back on again made me give mine away. 

Plus, by the time this is delivered, what coat will look good over this long sweater?

Honored Contributor
I do like the basic shape, and have made a couple similar but not quite as long in back. I prefer the back no longer than behind my knees.

What I don’t like here is the design of the collar and closure.
Honored Contributor

I got one couple of yrs ago and at 5'5 they were a housecoat on me.

I always look at the person in charge of the name and say to self

size up or down.  She's gaunt I would have to order a size 100 LOL

size 12-14  in slacks to her would be fatty fatty.  Her clothes are made more for the young and real thin crowd.

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper -- to answer your question, I have a calf-length wool coat and a slightly longer suede duster coat.  Both would work over that long sweater.  

- Eleanor Roosevelt