Honored Contributor

Re: Judith Leiber clutch @ $450.00?

This is the only one left, at least that I could find in the search bar

s8836.jpg 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@junera wrote:

When I saw this new collection offered on QVC I wondered which program we would see these pricey items on.  I cannot think of any fashion line from QVC that could be worn with a $450.00 clutch!  Has market research shown that the QVC customer is open to more expensive lines of fashion and shoes and jewelry?  Most lines presented emphasize price savings so I wonder why this brand is new...Ripka clutch line I thought did not sell well...time will tell.

@Gabidog

Since JL clutch bags sell for often 10 times (or more!) that amount, I had to look it up ...... it's just about ALL FABRIC, which surprised me .... and then I realized no way could they sell the regular swarovski inlaid bags for so low.    Not impressed.   

It's  # S8836,  if anyone is interested ......

Trusted Contributor

I love the bag but I would worry about the fabric staining. I would like to see it in black. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Trusted Contributor

That's a big bow.

Honored Contributor

The "Leo" in me loves the 

Couture Peridot Tone Crystal Minaudiere

BUT, I cannot afford it, have no need for it and do not think I am the sort who, if she had the money, would plunk down so much money for a clutch.  Who knows?  I might change my mind if circumstances were different.

Judith Leiber Couture Peridot Tone Crystal Minaudiere - S8834

Esteemed Contributor

If the item starts with the letter "s" then it's an item for the upcoming Super Saturday to benefit ovarian cancer research. I don't see the item listed but QVC is starting to list inventory for that event. Just do a search on QVC using Super Saturday as the terms.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

A Leiber minaudiere is an art piece that is beautiful placed where you can see it every day rather than stored away between occasions. 

Honored Contributor

My husband and I were shopping in the French Quarter once upon a time and I had wanted a JL handbag.  Per chance, I ran upon a Mary Frances heavily beaded gray cat clutch/cross body.  It reminded me of my sweet gray Persian who I was missing.  It was my birthday and I guess you know the rest of the story.  My husband had a hard time saying no.  

@jewel3 wrote:

A Leiber minaudiere is an art piece that is beautiful placed where you can see it every day rather than stored away between occasions.