Respected Contributor

Re: Joy's Hanger/Gift Bags TS

I love these hangers and don't use anything else.  I've had other brands break but never from this line.  Lucky, I guess because I hang very heavy coats and sweaters on them.

Honored Contributor

This was a great deal. I don't really think I would have used all the extras but, even then, this would be a good deal.

But I did not order it. The reason? I don't want all those hangers in one color. lol... If she had offered a kit with a few different colors in it I would have caved. 

I can buy hangers individually for 50 cents each (I think that was the price) at the HSN Outlet & that works well for me.

I would not have gifted many & am not sure what I would do with the bags. Can they be used as grocery bags? That I could do, though they might be a little larger than I would need.

Honored Contributor

i have probably bought over a dozen of these steamers.....sets and singles. they are one of joys best items. all of my kids each have one and my 19 year old son uses it every single day. my mom has one. i have bought one for myself. i keep one in each guest room. i have two in our beach home. i have also given several for gifts to college students going away.

my cousin recently visited me from montreal and she used the one in the guest room. she made me order 6 of them for her so she could take them back and give them as christmas gifts.

i have only had one go bad and that was my original one.......it lasted maybe 7 years or so? whenever she first introduced them on hsn.

i am also addicted to her hangers and her storage containers that she creates for jewelry and makeup. this is probably one of the few times i did not pick up an extra set of hangers. everyone in my home has their own colors. i have not noticed any quality difference at all. it is rare when one breaks. i only buy the JM ones and no knock offs. i follow that "no more wire hangers" rule. Smiley Wink

it will be interesting to see the movie JOY and to see some of her "rise to fame."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I cheated and bought my last set of faux huggable hangers from Costco when they were offering 35 for under $10.  Of course Costco didn't have Joy's beautiful colors, but it allowed me to complete our bedroom closet in black and move all of the blue (real) HH to the entry way and guest room closets. 

So far so good with the Costco version.

Honored Contributor

I could use more hangers but I want just the hangers, not all that extra stuff.  I have tons of cascading hooks and clips and other misc. stuff all sitting in a drawer unused.  This just didn't move me to buy because of the supposed freebies that I just don't want.  Plus I'll be honest, the hawking of the $10.00 coupons bugged me because what they failed to say was that in order to use the coupons, you have to spend $50.00 or more. 

Joy's hangers are the only item I will ever buy from her.  I've not bought them in a few years so maybe the quality has gone downhill but none of my previous hangers have broken except for 1 and that was because DH yanked something off it and it snapped.

Everything else Joy that I've bought has been complete garbage from the steamers to the fragrance sticks to the air purifier to the Better Beauty Cases, and she won't get me again.  The fourth zipper pull on my beauty carrying cases just broke off.  The ones that haven't broken off are all bent.  Having that zipper snap was the final straw of Joy for me.