Honored Contributor

Josie's Illuminizing Body Butter

I am so disappointed.  I purchased the super size of this body butter and it arrived today.  I selected Vanilla.  There is NO vanilla scent at all.  Very strange and I will be calling Customer Service.  Anyone else ever experience this?  That is, no scent when you ordered a scent?

kindness is strength
Contributor

Re: Josie's Illuminizing Body Butter

This happened to me last year with Philosophy’s Coconut Splash TSV. I was very disappointed as well. I think it’s just a challenge to get it right when they are producing such large volumes. Some complimented on how lovely the scent was. Many others had noneat all. 

Honored Contributor

I have experienced that "no scent" thing.  It was with my first TWO Philosopy shower gel purchases.  I love scented bath products and so anxious to try out the scrumptious, yummy, amazing scents that engulfed your bathroom.  No one could sell like LR!  I bought two.  I don't remember the flavors but the first one had....zip, nada, nothing in terms of fragrance.  It should have, it just didn't.  I thought it was glitch.  Stuff happens.  I used it for a few weeks and then I decided to open up the second one because I missed my scented showers.  Same thing,  no fragrance at all.  After that, I was ticked off I just gave up on Philosophy.  That was years ago and this past Christmas, I got a set from a friend.  And...I love it.  I think, things can go wrong in the manufacturing process when they are making tens upon tens of thousand at a time. 

Honored Contributor

@JDiva  That should never happen  that you can't smell the scent.  These products are tested before produced so I don't understand it.  When I purchase something and it is labeled with a particular scent, I expect to smell that when I open it. 

kindness is strength