Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Maran

[ Edited ]

I'm always puzzled when she says it takes 14 (17, I forget) years to grow the fruit...so how does she get so much for all that she sells.

It may be pure argan oil but in what concentration?

If it's so rare then why is it so cheap compared to zillions of other products on the market?

Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

I'm always puzzled when she says it takes 14 (17, I forget) years to grow the fruit...so how does she get so much for all that she sells.

It may be pure argan oil but in what concentration?

If it's so rare then why is it so cheap compared to zillions of other products on the market?

Actually JM's bottles of argan oil are more expensive than a lot of others sold out in retail that are also 100% pure organic argan oil.  I use Watts Beauty Argan Oil from Amazon and I only pay $24.95 for a 4oz pump bottle of it.  I think that's less than a 1oz bottle of JM. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@ChynnaBlue, I'm referring to her sentence "There is just no way she can sell thousands of this very rare oil when so little can be produced and is available."

Josie sells thousands and thousands of bottles of pure argan oil. There are other companies also selling bottles of pure argan oil, not to mention the argan oil needed that is mixed into other products. 

What does she think JM and all these companies are selling if not pure argan oil, since it's so rare?   

Oh, that again. That's just marketing stuff. The trees only grow in one place, so they get to call them rare. But it means something when a company calls it argan oil: "Since 2009 only oil produced here and using some artisanal production can be sold as argan oil. You will see some argan oil euphemistically called Moroccan oil: this is likely to be the cheap version from private industrialised plants favoured by much of the personal-care industry."

So when Josie talks about the cooperative and Berber women making the oil, it means something.

Source: http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2012/feb/12/lucy-siegle-argan-oil-hairdresers

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

You think she looks great as a VENDOR on the Q?  Please......she's  always half naked and looks like she's going clubbing.  And for those who use all her products, if you read up about the rarity and limited amounts of pure Argan Oil that is produced, and how many products she has with this oil in them....you may not think she's so awesome.  There's just no way she can sell thousands of this very rare oil when so little can be produced and is available.   Look at the ingredients in all those products that are NOT the pure oil, there are so many its ridiculous.   RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT WHEN YOU ADD OTHER INGREDIENTS TO ARGAN OIL, YOU ACTUALLY DEGRADE THE EFFECTS OF THIS PRECIOUS AND RARE OIL.  So she is pushing products that have no effect of Argan at all.   All you need is the original pure Argan Oil which should be used all over, not all these body butters, eye serums, creams, etc., etc.   And don't get me started with that same repetitive story about the woman she met in France who looked 40 and was 70!  

@SharkE wrote:

She's so beautiful and she looks so great tonight. She's awesome !

Shawn, can't compete tonight. Josie, puts them all in the shade. LOL

I totally agree with you!!!! ..... she cannot be selling so many products with what she claims has all that Argan oil in them and for QVC to allow her to do this is very disappointing .... and yes, she should dress appropriately as a vendor on QVC ...there is a time & place for dressing the way she does & it's NOT QVC!!!!!

Honored Contributor

The outfit she wore made me long for a nice trip to the tropics. And to think I have read complaints about newscasters wearing sleeveless in the winter. LOL

Trusted Contributor

RE: Josie Maran's clothes

1. This is 2016, not 1916

2. She's selling BODY butter. She apples it during demonstrations. 

Trusted Contributor

Josie always looks nice. Very feminine and soft spoken. Beautiful clothes and makeup.  I love the Argan oil. As far as the 70 year old woman well it's the old saying everyone needs a gimmick to sell. So if it's true or not frankly I don't care.

Honored Contributor

I put Josie in the same category as Liam with Vionic... Nice looking but same old boring story,  same routine.   I can't believe anyone is mesmerized by her greasing herself down with every appearance.   Talk about an overpriced product!   My TV goes off at the first sight of either person. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

JM most certainly is one gorgeous, but natural looking woman. I don't know how she is getting all the Argan Oil she says is so rare and only grows in one place, but I have no reason to doubt her of it's purity or anything else. I don't use it, but there are plenty of people who love her and her products. I guess we all use what works for us.

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@ChynnaBlue, I'm referring to her sentence "There is just no way she can sell thousands of this very rare oil when so little can be produced and is available."

Josie sells thousands and thousands of bottles of pure argan oil. There are other companies also selling bottles of pure argan oil, not to mention the argan oil needed that is mixed into other products. 

What does she think JM and all these companies are selling if not pure argan oil, since it's so rare?   

Josie's original Argan Oil in the dark bottle with NO other added ingredients may be genuine but again I don't know how she can obtain so much of the 100% pure organic oil and sell thousands of bottles.  All her other products that are in jars, tubes, white bottles, sticks, etc have no benefit of this rare oil. Those products are loaded with other ingredients and Argan oil is not listed as the first ingredient but even if it were, it still has no effect.

Want to be informed please go to saadiaorganics dot com, read and watch the short video.  Another site is essentialsyou dot com.  Read about the rare trees and see what many large companies are adding to their Argan oil,  or it isn't Argan oil at all.