Honored Contributor

I got a Johnny Was catalog in the mail yesterday. 

First time I heard of this label was a few months ago when I bought a couple of scarves from Chico's.  (Chico's has the greatest scarves!)

Their catalog prices are way out of my comfort zone - even their sale prices are more than I'm willng to spend - but I do love a lot of their clothing!  

Style is a bit BOHO - and the colors and prints remind me of some of the Attitudes and Tolani pieces I have.  

Check out their website - if you like BOHO / colorful / Tolani style prints.

Johnnywas dot com

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I LOVE Johnny Was clothng! I discovered them several years ago when attending an at-home party. His clothing is exquisite in person! I have a few items that I love.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I got a Johnny Was catalog in the mail yesterday. 

First time I heard of this label was a few months ago when I bought a couple of scarves from Chico's.  (Chico's has the greatest scarves!)

Their catalog prices are way out of my comfort zone - even their sale prices are more than I'm willng to spend - but I do love a lot of their clothing!  

Style is a bit BOHO - and the colors and prints remind me of some of the Attitudes and Tolani pieces I have.  

Check out their website - if you like BOHO / colorful / Tolani style prints.

Johnnywas dot com

@ALRATIBA   I have many Johnny Was blazers, adore them. Got them on eBay!

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA   I walked into the JW Store in our mall earlier this week just because I loved several of the bright prints in the window.  Tried on several tops.  The fabric alone would be a reason I would pay their price ($99) but they had little inventory in my size and the top that fit best had sleeves too short for my old lady arms.  Sad to say, the clerk helping me (excellent service) was skeptical I would see elbow or 3/4 sleeves even when the fall collection came in.

I would probably have taken  the long sleeve and taken it to a good tailor if the neckline had worked well on me.  Way too expensive to fix both problems.

Frequent Contributor

I also love Johnny Was but their clothing runs very large.

They have a new collaboration with Amanda Bond Malibu - gorgeous!  They even have a brand new pop-up store in San Marino, Ca of just Amanda Bond/Johnny Was.  That collection runs a smidge smaller.  Mostly pastel tie-dyed pieces, very ethereal. 

Absolutely love them!

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

I got that catalog.

One of our shops in Biltmore Village is getting more Johnny Was stock and has ordered less Eileen Fisher stock than previously.

Johnny Was is beautiful, but SO visually intense, I feel once you have worn all of that richly toned embrodery, if you wear it often it is "too much" and wears out it's welcome so to speak.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

I know exactly what you mean .... I make rather showy "colorful" knit and crochet pieces and really can't wear them very often.  

--------------------------------

@ECBG wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

I got that catalog.

One of our shops in Biltmore Village is getting more Johnny Was stock and has ordered less Eileen Fisher stock than previously.

Johnny Was is beautiful, but SO visually intense, I feel once you have worn all of that richly toned embrodery, if you wear it often it is "too much" and wears out it's welcome so to speak.

Honored Contributor

I love that line. I gotten some good deals on gently used Johnny Was on eBay. I'll have to check out the new items though. 

Super Contributor

There are so many pieces in that line that I love  ... until I see they need to be dry-cleaned.  

I am way too klutzy to buy dry-clean only clothes.   Not to mention the dog-paws and grandkids' hugs.  

Trusted Contributor

Yes! Johnny Was is extraordinary! I bought my first piece more than twenty years ago and still own it and many others. The cor saturation, designs, combinations of prints remind me of art. Told I clothing is nice but I don't think it compares to Johnny Was or JWLA in quality of fabrics, pattern mixtures, or color saturation. There a couple Tolani pieces I might consider purchasing but I much prefer JW. You can often find great sales on NM and Ruelala along with eBay. Also, their online store has great sales.  Sometimes, I will call one of their stores and find an item. The sales representative will keep a your contact info and send notices periodically, very helpful.