Respected Contributor

Re: Joan's line continues: October 13th with David Dangle and Jill

It's not about the hosts, it's about Joan's products. No hoste can replace her; I'm not looking for jokes! Jillis lovely and always kind. She will do what she has been hired to do. I can't wait to watch.
Respected Contributor

it would be a perfect time to invite Kathy Levine back for some stories, a presentation or two. just sayin' that that is the association most people have, QVC.

Valued Contributor

I'm sure Jill be the host of this show. That doesn't mean she will host all the shows with David. I'm sure whoever he requests or is scheduled will host with him. No different than any other show on QVC. Jill, read the statement on Joan's passing. She also was on air when 9-11 occurred. She seems like a good choice for the 1st show.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so glad her line will continue with David. No one will ever replace Joan so my hope is that the ladies accept David and give him support. Remember he was Joan's right hand man and he deserves our respect.
Honored Contributor

On 9/26/2014 ical said:

I like Jill. And it was always apparent that Joan truly loved Jill, it seemed that way, a true affection they had/have for each other. Jill likes to talk in run-ons. What I mean is she gets on a "train" of thought and then gives three or more examples, each after the other. It's fun to watch. But for David and Jill? All good, considering how sad this still is.

ITA

Jill is the consummate professional. It's the perfect pairing.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Without question, Jill is the best host to pair with David in a show like this one. If you saw her, and noted her class and composure when she did the first QVC host tribute to Joan, you would have to agree.

As for David, I've always thought he had more input into the designs of the clothing line than he took credit for. He understood the line too well to be an idle bystander. I am sure he will do a fine job, and if the line is to continue, it would have to be with him at the helm. Joan chose him to step in for her when she couldn't be there, and I am sure she would want him to handle the job now.

Honored Contributor

On 9/26/2014 Perkup said:

Without question, Jill is the best host to pair with David in a show like this one. If you saw her, and noted her class and composure when she did the first QVC host tribute to Joan, you would have to agree.

As for David, I've always thought he had more input into the designs of the clothing line than he took credit for. He understood the line too well to be an idle bystander. I am sure he will do a fine job, and if the line is to continue, it would have to be with him at the helm. Joan chose him to step in for her when she couldn't be there, and I am sure she would want him to handle the job now.

ITA

I think David had a great deal to do with the line in general--before her death.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I realize that many of her jewelry items have been in production for the next season for some time now. I do hope that her design team will produce a special item, a bee perhaps, that would be a commemoration to Joan. Something small, like one of her bee's, that most could afford to purchase if they choose to.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Super Contributor

On 9/26/2014 Mistic said:

I realize that many of her jewelry items have been in production for the next season for some time now. I do hope that her design team will produce a special item, a bee perhaps, that would be a commemoration to Joan. Something small, like one of her bee's, that most could afford to purchase if they choose to.

That would be very nice. I'd like that and think many would like a special piece to remember Joan.

Honored Contributor

Very, very nice of Melissa. Can't wait to watch!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).