Respected Contributor

Re: Joan's line continues: October 13th with David Dangle and Jill

Jill is the perfect host. No tent revival histrionics needed to sell the clothing.

Jill and Joan have been close for many years. I think she would have selected Jill.

I am looking forward to seeing the show.

Super Contributor

On 9/26/2014 stevieb said:
On 9/26/2014 wingnut09 said: The Dour Hour with Jill Baur.

I don't know where you get this from. Did you see her recently with Dennis Basso? They even made me laugh which is a tough thing to do. I'd take Jill any day over so many of the others.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/26/2014 focksie said:

I don't know where you get this from. Did you see her recently with Dennis Basso? They even made me laugh which is a tough thing to do. I'd take Jill any day over so many of the others.

I totally agree! Negativity - such a waste of energy.

Honored Contributor

I will be watching! It makes sense to me to have a host who knew Joan well do the show and, frankly, I think Jill is one of two hosts -- the other being Jane T. -- who could "keep it together" without waterworks and not make us all even more sad.

And for my friend who is determined not to watch, I think I need to make you a cherry chip cake...Smile

Frequent Contributor

So happy to hear this news! Melissa and David are a class act and I'm sure that they have great plans to continue Joan's line as Joan would like. Thank you for sharing the lovely notes from both Melissa and David and blessings to all of Joan's family and friends.

Trusted Contributor

I'm glad the host will be Jill. She, Carolyn Gracie & Jane Brown seem like real people, so they're easy for me to watch.
Honored Contributor

I'm glad Joan's line is continuing. I think David will do great as he has been doing the shows for many years and Jill will be a fine host. It will never be the same without Joan, but that is the way it is. As far as Kathy Griffin presenting the line, I would not watch or purchase.

Honored Contributor

On 9/26/2014 BonAtTheBeach said:
On 9/26/2014 focksie said:

Wink

I totally agree! Negativity - such a waste of energy.

That's one perspective and of course the other is that differences of opinion aren't necessarily 'negativity'. Simply put, we don't all interpret things the same way, find humor in the same things, or like the same people, places, things, foods, or hosting styles... Each to their own.

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 9/26/2014 EdithEllenLily said:

I will be watching! It makes sense to me to have a host who knew Joan well do the show and, frankly, I think Jill is one of two hosts -- the other being Jane T. -- who could "keep it together" without waterworks and not make us all even more sad.

And for my friend who is determined not to watch, I think I need to make you a cherry chip cake...Smile

Hey EEL! I'll take that cherry chip cake... It sounds yummy, but you better make sure Mr. Lily has had his fill, especially if shopping is on the agenda!

Wink

Honestly, it isn't as if this is some kind of vendetta... I didn't watch Joan Rivers shows without Joan when she was alive, so I have less interest than ever in watching them without her now... As for the hosting chores, I think I might actually prefer Jane (or Carolyn) in this case... Jill certainly has her fans, I simply don't happen to be among them... Hey, it is what it is and as I've said now (a couple of times) hoping those who want to watch enjoy!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Jill is a class act, she will handle the situation in a dignified manner.