Super Contributor

Re: Joan's line continues: October 13th with David Dangle and Jill

I like Jill. And it was always apparent that Joan truly loved Jill, it seemed that way, a true affection they had/have for each other. Jill likes to talk in run-ons. What I mean is she gets on a "train" of thought and then gives three or more examples, each after the other. It's fun to watch. But for David and Jill? All good, considering how sad this still is.

Regular Contributor

So glad to hear the line is going to continue on the Q. Maybe it will help to start getting prices back in check on the secondary market. David has been a great rep for the line for a long time. He gets it.
Honored Contributor

On 9/26/2014 stevieb said:

Glad about the line... not so much about Jill and David. I'd have hoped they'd have come up with better choices, but then I forget, this is QVC... I won't be watching, but will check out the offerings on-line. And not to put too fine a line on this, but who's to provide the laughter David references in his post? Surely not Jill... Again, I'm glad they're keeping this line alive, for however long they can, but they need to rethink how they program it and who they program it with.

I'm wondering if this is going to be a tribute show to Joan and they will show lots of clips from past funny moments. Hence the laughter?

I know you don't like Jill, you make that very clear, (LOL) but I really enjoy her and I really can't think of another host that does fashion that was close enough to Joan to do the show and not take it over the top or make it too sappy.

Respected Contributor

I think it's great the line is being continued. I fail to understand why it's a big deal about who is doing the selling. Seems silly to be so critical.

Respected Contributor

Is the line being continued or is David simply representing the inventory and what has already been produced for this year(new)?

Valued Contributor

On 9/26/2014 momcat said:

I think it's great the line is being continued. I fail to understand why it's a big deal about who is doing the selling. Seems silly to be so critical.

I think people will miss the humor and the self-deprecating things Joan did. It made the line more appealing.

Even when it was obvious a couple of those self-deprecating actions she did were "a bit of business" as they say on the stage, it was still fun to watch and it was a great selling feature.

I think it will be hard to replace that human touch.

Respected Contributor

There's product already produced and like the guy from D&C said last week, the Spring 2015 lineup is already in manufacturing so I'm sure regarding Joan's line, they are probably into Summer next year already.

If the line continues like QF, I'm sure many will opt out but there's a chance that other's will opt in.

It's always very difficult to continue a legacy.

Respected Contributor

I'm happy that the line is continuing. What a nice tribute to Joan that her fans are still interested in her business ventures.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

On 9/26/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 9/26/2014 stevieb said:

Glad about the line... not so much about Jill and David. I'd have hoped they'd have come up with better choices, but then I forget, this is QVC... I won't be watching, but will check out the offerings on-line. And not to put too fine a line on this, but who's to provide the laughter David references in his post? Surely not Jill... Again, I'm glad they're keeping this line alive, for however long they can, but they need to rethink how they program it and who they program it with.

I'm wondering if this is going to be a tribute show to Joan and they will show lots of clips from past funny moments. Hence the laughter?

I know you don't like Jill, you make that very clear, (LOL) but I really enjoy her and I really can't think of another host that does fashion that was close enough to Joan to do the show and not take it over the top or make it too sappy.

Wink

I'm sure Jill will do her usual very thorough job... She might even permit David to speak between items on her lesson plan...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Kidding aside, I'm sure she'll do fine, but no, she's not a favorite and I'd have probably preferred just about anybody. She has a tendency to be a bit on the dour side and I suppose I'd have preferred someone a bit more lively, and, if they were going to go the staid route, I supposed I'd have preferred Mary Beth.

Any way you slice it, as noted, unless it becomes clear this is to be a tribute show, which I'd probably watch, I'll check the offerings on-line. As I've said before, for me personally, Joan was her line and without her there to sell it, I'm just not all that interested in watching... If they come up with a vendor representative who might be a bit of a hoot, I'll check it out down the road. While David might 'get' the line, might have been a great personal friend, and might be an all around great guy, I don't personally find him remotely compelling to watch... For those that do, enjoy!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 9/26/2014 Luvmycats said:

Is the line being continued or is David simply representing the inventory and what has already been produced for this year(new)?

I think David will represent what is left. Just my humble opinion.