Honored Contributor
On 6/6/2014 Ladybug724 said:

George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Paul Revere, Joan Rivers, Benjamin Franklin

*snort*

Contributor

I didn't think there was anything wrong with David saying Joan was patriotic. I agree with her when she says, "You don't like it here, leave." I think the original person posting just took him too literally. Her clothes are very good and her jewelry also. Like everyone else, I just wish everything would be made in the U.S.

Super Contributor
On 6/6/2014 annabellethecat said:

Who cares? .....

My point is so what he or she says. Does that make it right? This is America. They can say what they want.

You don't like it. Don't buy her clothes. When she's on, turn off the TV. I do that with a lot of things I see on TV these days.

Exactly ... that's how I handle it.

Honored Contributor

Whatever happened to the notion that if you disagree with things here you have the right to work for change?

What is this business about "You don't like it here, LEAVE"?

I hate that attitude. Seriously.

Honored Contributor
On 6/6/2014 Kathleen said:

Who cares? .....

My point is so what he or she says. Does that make it right? This is America. They can say what they want.

You don't like it. Don't buy her clothes. When she's on, turn off the TV. I do that with a lot of things I see on TV these days.

Exactly ... that's how I handle it.

Oops, my bad. I heard the statement before I had a chance to turn off the TV.

Respected Contributor
On 6/6/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

Who cares? My late husband served in the Army during the Vietnam War. My Father served in the Navy. My brother served in the Navy. My best friend was a Marine during the Vietnam War. He is now totally disabled thanks to Agent Orange (Vietnam War).

My point is so what he or she says. Does that make it right? This is America. They can say what they want. We don't know what she did to help the troops. None of us knows what she did or didn't do.

I really don't care. I watch QVC to shop for clothes, jewelry, etc. So let David say whatever he want to say. No one can stop him from saying that unless it goes against QVC or FCC regulations.

I cannot believe that in our country no matter what someone says someone is offended by it. Everyone has the right to say what they want.

It's the same things as someone smoking. I HATE cigarette smoking. I was raised to HATE it. I am allergic to the smoke.

However, I will defend your right to buy cigarettes as long as it isn't against the law. If someone wants to kill themselves and I don't have to breathe it...they can smoke like a chimney.

So, let David or anyone else say what they want. If you let everything someone says bother you you will die from something quicker than you would otherwise.

Like the song 'Frozen'....."let it go....let it go".

And I have the right to say what I want, too.

Right?

YES you do! This board is about opinions and you have the right to give yours as does everyone else. I ignore the self proclaimed board monitors.

Esteemed Contributor
On 6/6/2014 mom2laxboyz said:

I didn't think there was anything wrong with David saying Joan was patriotic. I agree with her when she says, "You don't like it here, leave." I think the original person posting just took him too literally. Her clothes are very good and her jewelry also. Like everyone else, I just wish everything would be made in the U.S.

Thank you. Unless one is itching for a fight or an opportunity to criticize Joan and David, the comment can safely be interpreted as Joan is VERY patriotic. Unfortunately, the correct definition of the word patriot is being misunderstood by some across the country, and they are of mind that only those who have served in the military can be patriotic.

As for most patriotic... well, it would require a long process to determine who that is.

Honored Contributor

Love that fish pattern scarf, no matter where it's made. 'Used to be' that folks would travel to foreign countries and search for items that weren't USA made, just to have a souvenir from that particular country. (I'd love to see more items made here, it's true. But rather uncommon to find them.) 'Anyway', love that particular scarf, and when I find something 'unique', I'll buy it no matter where it's made. Love the size, too. Something like 76" long. Very, very nice scarf.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor
On 6/6/2014 Trix said:
On 6/6/2014 mom2laxboyz said:

Thank you. Unless one is itching for a fight or an opportunity to criticize Joan and David, the comment can safely be interpreted as Joan is VERY patriotic. Unfortunately, the correct definition of the word patriot is being misunderstood by some across the country, and they are of mind that only those who have served in the military can be patriotic.

As for most patriotic... well, it would require a long process to determine who that is.

ITA.

I'm not a Joan fan, but I'm not sure why the offense over that comment.

It's hyperbole. People use it all the time. As in:

"She's the most stunning woman I've ever seen."

"My husband is the best husband in the world."

"My mom was the best cook ever."

And so on.

Besides, we all do patriotic things in our every day lives, don't we? Is the military the ONLY true definition of patriotism? If so, sad for the rest of us.

Sure, people in the military are to be respected.for what they do. And not everyone can do what they do.

But any time you are doing something for the betterment of your fellow human beings and country, it's patriotic. We all do what we can. When you are exercising your rights, protecting others' rights, helping to preserve and improve the country that THEY defend, then that is patriotic. Otherwise, what are they defending?

My brother is a Lt. Col. in the USMC, and he would say the same thing.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor
On 6/6/2014 ROMARY said:

Love that fish pattern scarf, no matter where it's made. 'Used to be' that folks would travel to foreign countries and search for items that weren't USA made, just to have a souvenir from that particular country. (I'd love to see more items made here, it's true. But rather uncommon to find them.) 'Anyway', love that particular scarf, and when I find something 'unique', I'll buy it no matter where it's made. Love the size, too. Something like 76" long. Very, very nice scarf.

I hadn't seen that scarf before your post...It's VERY long - very versatile too!

Re: patriotism...I really object to people who think they have cornered the market on that emotion.

My dad came over from Germany...my mom's parents from Italy. They were all big D's - LOVED FDR and everything he did for America - Kennedy too!!! They never would have questioned anyone else's "patriotism" because they were members of another party.