Occasional Contributor
Will qvc honor waitlist orders for Joan's jewelry? What is going to happen to her line?
Trusted Contributor

Please Edit the post & at least spell her name correctly!

QVC has not said whether they can fill all Waitlist orders. At some point I would think not, unless they only offer a Waitlist option when a certain # of orders has been submitted.

Occasional Contributor
Please forgive my huge mistake in spelling Joan River's correctly. Would edit if I knew how!!!!!
Honored Contributor

Joan Rivet; selling hardware on the Q.

Honored Contributor
On 9/23/2014 KathyLFan said:

Please Edit the post & at least spell her name correctly!

QVC has not said whether they can fill all Waitlist orders. At some point I would think not, unless they only offer a Waitlist option when a certain # of orders has been submitted.

KathyLFan - Gosh, being a bit harsh, aren't you? I'm sure the OP didn't do it intentionally and it's my understanding that you can't edit the title in the original post. Also, once someone "quotes" you, you can't edit your own post either.

To the OP - I think the only ones who would know the answer to that question are the PTB at the Q and perhaps David Dangle. I admit I've wondered the same thing myself.

Quacker Factory has continued on since the death of its founder Jeanne Bice, so I don't see why Joan's line of fashion and jewelry couldn't do the same. I suppose it depends upon how everyone involved feels about it and what Joan would've wanted.

Honored Contributor
On 9/23/2014 faeriemoon said:

Joan Rivet; selling hardware on the Q.

A simple typo. Nothing more.

Contributor

Hi Charleydog.......don't worry about that typo, everyone knows what you meant. Joan would have probably made some kind of a joke about rivets and studs!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor

Well, no offense to David, but I don't want jewelry designed by him or some committee - even if he (big IF) did most of the designing before (don't believe that, but...) it wouldn't be the same without Joan's stories on why that particular design.

Honored Contributor

Joan often said that she and David did the designs together. She talked about the two of them visiting antique shops and markets (in England) and how they decided which pieces to recreate. I see no reason why she would've lied about David's involvement. He was clearly not only the president of the company, but a close friend and partner.

It may be that David doesn't want to carry on with it, without Joan, so it likely won't be a problem. I do understand that it wouldn't be the same for many without Joan's stories. To be honest, I think it's the end of an era.

Honored Contributor
On 9/23/2014 specialkbird said:

Hi Charleydog.......don't worry about that typo, everyone knows what you meant. Joan would have probably made some kind of a joke about rivets and studs!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Especially "studs"! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}