Super Contributor

Re: Joan is gone but please keep her jewelry and clothing line alive and growing

Super Contributor

Re: Joan is gone but please keep her jewelry and clothing line alive and growing

On 9/19/2014 Pagan said:

What does Melissa do? I'm not familiar with her.

Did she depend on her partnership with her mother to make money/stay in the spotlight?

She's a behind-the-camera person, produced Fashion Police and other shows. Joan wasn't supporting her at all.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you David, Jill and QVC. Today's show was a perfect balance. It felt natural and came from the heart. The void is less painful, thanks to you.

I'm grateful. Looking forward to seeing more of you.

Super Contributor

Such a useless request. David Dangle will decide what happens to Joan's line as he is President and CEO of Joan Rivers Global and has always been. That's how she set it up.

When her line runs out, he will decide what's next. She had designed enough in each to sell for a couple more year's, if that's where he wants to take it. They have a plan in case of her sudden demise, and I know he will follow it out to the tee.

All of your begging and pleading won't affect a thing. If you find something you like, get it while you can. You never know when her contract with QVC will expire anyway. It could have been in her contract that upon her demise it could be over, whatever she wished.

Joan never left things wide open. She was a very detailed person and covered all bases. She planned for all possibilities. She was one very astout business woman.

Super Contributor

I totally agree, as Kelly Osborne is famous for being Ozzie's daughter and nothing else! Fashion Police really can't continue in its current format, as Joan was the show! I know we all want to keep her products coming on QVC, but Joan was the designer, so when the designs in the works are finished, what can come next? David or anyone chosen to represent her line, can only present Joan's designs as long as there is stock to present. It's sad, but we've come to the end of an era! She was absolutely unique and cannot be replaced!
On 9/6/2014 KathyPet said:
On 9/6/2014 karuna said:

I understand how you feel. Gads, she had a sharp wit.

Aren't we fortunate we have all the film of her to enjoy, once the pain lessens? I smiled through tears watching the QVC tribute piece on Joan and reading and watching other only Joan can do moments.

I was also thinking about how much more difficult, in some ways, it will be to replace Joan on Fashion Police. Maybe there are funny people in fashion who could step in for Joan on Q?

I wonder if Guiliana Rancic or Kelly Osbourne (from Fashion Police) who are in the fashion scene and knew her well, could help in the transition along side David?

Just thinking...

Kelly Osborne presenting Joan's line! OMG! Please No!
Super Contributor

Since Joan wouldn't be the sole designer, what use would it be to continue this line ? It wouldn't be her dreams and wishes? It's not a logical idea.

Occasional Contributor

It's Dec 18, 2014 and I just found Joan's line of clothing. It's spectacular. Where I live there is nothing even remotely close to this quality. I ordered the Floral Bouquet 3/4 length sleeves in pink and also in the purple/blue combo. I have to stop myself from ordering 'backups' they're so great. Makes me look like I lost at least 10 pounds, gives my tree trunk a waist unbuttoned and buttoned...looks like it was tailored just for me. I also ordered the Perfectly Tailored Textured Knit Jacket in Chocolate (only color left!) and that thing makes me look like I flew up to NYC and paid a ton more money for the jacket... it is really phenomenal. If you have Facebook look up David Dengle's page - you'll get updates. By the way - if I ever have a question about a product I ask it under Q & A's under a product and Joan's Team comes through within a short amount of time. I've seen many, multiple pages of Questions on other designers / manufacturers pages where Questions never get answered even many months after sitting there! Joan's Team is QUALITY all around. Let David know you still want products, tell your friends about her line & that there are things on Clearance or Reduced - if your friends are the same size let them try on some pieces to get an idea of their sizing - makes it less frustrating that way. I sure hope they don't discontinue it either. I finally like getting dressed in the morning and that hasn't happened in 25 years.