Respected Contributor

Re: Joan is gone but please keep her jewelry and clothing line alive and growing

If daughter Melissa would be the spokesperson for Joan's line, I would watch. Melissa was directing Fashion Police for her mother, so why not continue her clothing and jewelry line? Angel "stepped in" for Jeanne Bice, and the Q audience apparently accepted this situation.

Contributor

Re: Joan is gone but please keep her jewelry and clothing line alive and growing

I have mixed feelings about the line continuing as it was. It was so special when Joan was on the air modeling her jewelry and clothes and talking about how she felt about each piece. What I would like to see are some of the popular older pieces be brought back - and if this happens I hope they will be represented as such. I was not a Q customer back in the day of Kathy Levine so I know I missed out on a lot of really nice pieces and would appreciate being able to purchase now.

We know the older pieces had Joan's stamp of approval on them.

I wouldn't doubt her line is producing goods for 2015 and I do hope those will still be offered.

I am not sure I would want to buy anything that Joan did not have the opportunity to approve. She knew what worked and what looked good. We trusted her judgement.

I miss her too. She was one of those special individuals who seemed more like your aunt or your sister... not a famous entertainer. That was the magic of Joan.

Esteemed Contributor

No, continuing her line would only make Melissa richer. Joan wouldn't be there to present.

Frequent Contributor

I received a package from QVC today. I opened it and said out loud "Cool...the Joan Rivers pin"! A wide smile on my face. I opened the small black box and read the enclosed card, even though I've read it many times. It begins..."Dear Friend, I'm thrilled that you share my passion for beautiful things and that one of my designs is now part of your world.....I demand the best for myself and would want nothing less for you. With much love Joan".

I tear rolled down my cheek and I wrapped the pin up and put it back into the bag. After a few minutes, I realized this is not what she would want, for it to be put away. I unwrapped it and put in on the cuff of my sleeve so I could see it all day. It makes me smile.

Yes, we will have mixed feelings, no matter what transpires. Don't people grieve differently and celebrate the life of someone we love or who we feel close to dies? Some people pack away or give away photos and items that were the deceased, others display them and others, like myself, choose to celebrate the person. That may be by wearing something of theirs that was "them" in my eyes, or wearing or displaying something they found special, or looking at a photo and smiling.

I chose to think of the JR's line as a gift. From this point forward, her gift may be wrapped (presented) differently, but her spirit, her vision, and her mission-- demanding only the best for herself and for her customers-- can be carried on. The new 'package' may tug at my heart a bit, but the memories...I'll never forget and I will still smile. Life changes and we change with it.

I hold that hope. Time will tell.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember a thread here not too long ago when the posters on these boards were boycotting Joan's clothes due to a comment she made about the girl held captive. I recognize a lot of the names. Change of mind?

Frequent Contributor

Wouldn't a change of heart be a good thing?

Frequent Contributor

I believe it would be Melissa's decision to continue her clothing and jewelry. It would be very nice if Kathy Levine could be here as she and Joan's shows were great to watch. Joan had a nice time with the hosts who attended her funeral and we will always remember how particular Joan was with her jewelry and clothing lines. I enjoyed it when she brought her eggs to the show and then showed the ones she had produced for the shows. Rest in peace, Joan. We miss you!

Super Contributor

On 9/8/2014 pupcakes said:

I remember a thread here not too long ago when the posters on these boards were boycotting Joan's clothes due to a comment she made about the girl held captive. I recognize a lot of the names. Change of mind?

I never could understand why or how Joan could offend anyone. Don't people realize she was joking?!! I used to just watch QVC to laugh when she was on and when she would sometimes call the models Slu_s it was hilarious. She was so cute and to those who tried to boycott Joan over a joke, well I can't say it on here
Super Contributor

On 9/8/2014 lovetheboardwalk said:

I believe it would be Melissa's decision to continue her clothing and jewelry. It would be very nice if Kathy Levine could be here as she and Joan's shows were great to watch. Joan had a nice time with the hosts who attended her funeral and we will always remember how particular Joan was with her jewelry and clothing lines. I enjoyed it when she brought her eggs to the show and then showed the ones she had produced for the shows. Rest in peace, Joan. We miss you!

Yeah Kathy Levine would be the best to represent the line if it continues and David because Joan trusted David and they were close friends for over 20yrs. David is in the fashion business and he was probably the one behind the designs. I like Kathy because she and Joan had such great chemistry together and there's a history between she and Joan that the viewers responded too
Super Contributor

On 9/8/2014 pupcakes said:

No, continuing her line would only make Melissa richer. Joan wouldn't be there to present.

That's sounds mean and jealous of you to say that about Melissa. Yes she's super rich but that girl has gone through a lot and Joan and Melissa just seem like decent people there was no pretense with them and I do believe that's why so many people adore them. I like Melissa