Frequent Contributor

Joan is gone but please keep her jewelry and clothing line alive and growing

Joan is gone but please keep her jewelry and clothing line alive and growing; I would hate to lose both. I will always remember her laughter and her warm, sincere and compassionate spirit. I will also treasure the Joan Rivers’ jewelry and clothing I own.

I would like to ask QVC and David Dangle to keep making and offering the Joan Rivers line. It would help keep her spirit alive and we would not have to lose both the beautiful, talented and special Joan as well as her beautiful products. They made us feel just a little more beautiful and special wearing them for the past 24 yrs.

I realize Joan hasn’t been laid to rest yet, and I don’t mean to show any disrespect in sharing this hope so soon after her death.

I too am deeply saddened by the loss of Joan Rivers. I send my deepest condolences to her family, friends, business partners and her many fans who now feel a void in their life.

Namaste

Not applicable

Re: Joan is gone but please keep her jewelry and clothing line alive and growing

I'm definitely with you, I've been crying since this has happened. Please keep her beautiful jewelry line. David is very personable and a pleasure. We can't eliminate her from our lives completely. It would be unbearable to act like she doesn't matter anymore. I cannot stand the fact that we lost her, to loose her style would be too hard. Please QVC keep her there with you and David.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Joan is gone but please keep her jewelry and clothing line alive and growing

David was appearing more and more- mostly during the 'off' hours though but occasionally he would partner with Joan. For awhile I sensed Joan was going to reduce her QVC schedule.

Super Contributor

I think this will be a decision primarily for Melissa. I'm sure everything is in her name and she will have the right to either continue the lines or not.

I hope they continue the lines too; Quacker went on after Jeanne Bice passed away. So it may be that Melissa chooses to continue Joan's lines at QVC. We have to see. I think it will depend on how much time she is able and willing to spend on the line and if David Dangle wants to help her.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I think it's a cool idea but would it be as good? Always had the feeling Joan was real hands on in design & details

Honored Contributor

I have to respectfully disagree. For me, Joan WAS her line and unless they can come up with someone truly stupendous to step in, which seems very unlikely, I'm not remotely interested in seeing someone else try to come in and sell her line. More to the point, I just don't think it will work.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I believe she had the foresight to see this day. The clothes, accessories & makeup is quality enough to stand on their own. Of course, David Dangle will be the on-air representation, but I'm curious to see it doesn't eventually (way down the road) morph into another brand.

Honored Contributor

On 9/6/2014 sidsmom said:

I believe she had the foresight to see this day. The clothes, accessories & makeup is quality enough to stand on their own. Of course, David Dangle will be the on-air representation, but I'm curious to see it doesn't eventually (way down the road) morph into another brand.

Maybe, but I can only say that when I watched, I watched to see Joan and if Joan wasn't presenting, I didn't sit and watch David... Nothing against him, but I didn't and I certainly won't now. I didn't even particularly enjoy it when he was there with her. Even if the line continues for the present, I don't see him having the on-air presence that she did to move this line for the long haul. If it morphs into another brand, then my guess is they're going to have to find a really special 'front' woman to be their figurehead.

I have not been watching QVC for THAT long, but I read often about what a fabulous mix Joan and Kathy Levine were. In order to keep this line flourishing on QVC, it might behoove both QVC and the Rivers estate to see if they can lure Kathy back as the on-air vendor for this line... Even if she doesn't want the ongoing on-air role of a host, she did previously hawk her own line of jewelry on QVC and this might be something she would be willing to consider...

On the other hand, I would guess that the remaining Rivers family has all they will ever need. I would guess they might well sell this company unless Melissa Rivers decides she wants to participate in this aspect of her mother's estate, which seems sort of doubtful.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

From what I've read Joan was very close to David D as well as his being her business associate. TBS I never cared for him or his manner. I can't imagine who could come anywhere near to Joan's panache and charm. And her style is on every piece. Who would do that now? It will never be the same.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I hope the line continue too. I'm sure Joan had faith in David and I do too. I enjoyed when he presented, he knows his stuff about fashion. He was her right hand man, think of all the stories he'll hopefully share.