Honored Contributor

Re: Joan has a new maxi skirt

@cherry wrote:

I am sure you looked like a million dollars @Trinity11 

Thank you @cherry . Those were the days I had a tiny waist and could wear virtually anything. I used to sew a lot of my own clothing and my daughter's too.

Trusted Contributor

@cherry wrote:

5 ft @crawford5153 

Cherry, this is a lovely skirt and would look nice on you as it is shorter.

https://www.qvc.com/Joan-Rivers-Petite-Glamorous-Plaid-Midi-Skirt.product.A307368.html?sc=NAVLIST

Honored Contributor

@crawford5153  thank you. I love the burgundy..I might get it for Christmas Eve

Trusted Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@crawford5153  thank you. I love the burgundy..I might get it for Christmas Eve

I like the burgundy also followed by the gray and black next.  I bought all four colors of here jackets with the elbow patches, found them on Ebay.  They were brand new and I was lucky to have found them.  

You will look lovely in the skirt; what kind of top or jacket are you planning to wear with it and shoes?

Honored Contributor

I might wear a Merlot cashmere sweater. I have a black velvet blazer and also a ivory silk shirt. I will just experiment, and see what looks the best

Honored Contributor

As a petite woman 5ft3, I find it difficult to pull off a long skirt. David's idea of petite length and Joan's idea of petite length are not the same. I noticed reading reviews that women who are 5ft5 are buying the petite length ,so how is that length going to work for someone 5ft4 and under. Also, whenever the vendor tells you you can wear either petite or regular in a style, the garment really is not sized for a petite woman.

Valued Contributor

Its a beautiful skirt and very unique. the material for tapestry must be substantial, have some weight to it and quality. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'd wear it with tall black suede boots and a black cashmere turtleneck.  Whoever styled it, did not do justice to it.  It would look better with a black silk blouse and sheer black hose and black pumps too.

@chrystaltree 

Someone styled it wrong.  What's new.  Have you ever noticed that they put the big prints or bold bright colors on the curvy girls and black or tiny prints on the very tiny girls.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crawford5153 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@crawford5153  I wish that were true. I know I would need at least 5 inches hacked off..I have a black cashmere turtleneck and black boots, and a beautiful gold chain and  cuff I would wear with it.

How tall are you Cherry?  The petite is A372215 and is 37 inches I believe.

@crawford5153 

You know.  I am 5-4 (used to be 5-5 but osteoporosis, you know) and 36 inches is all I can handle in a maxi.  I don't know what is the deal with them making the skirt long enough to make it look like a train.  I am long waisted.  I wear 30-inch pants but I need a 35-inch skirt.  I would have to have that altered (even the petite).  If I have a skirt with any substance to it other than a pencil skirt, anything longer than 35 inches I will step on when I walk up stairs.  I walk up the stairs at my church rather than use the ramp and then I walk up the stairs to my class room rather than take the elevator which is usually full.