Regular Contributor

Joan and the new mrs Clooney.....

Miss Joan so much this week, what with the Venice wedding and the fashions the new mrs Clooney is sporting. Would love to hear her take on it all....from the beautiful lace dress to the white pant outfit, to the red dress....I think she would have approved!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Joan and the new mrs Clooney.....

They sure do make a beautiful couple.

Respected Contributor

""Approved""??? George's wife is classy and extremely stylish. She wears clothes beautifully. I never regarded Joan as a fashion expert.

Valued Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Luvmycats said:

""Approved""??? George's wife is classy and extremely stylish. She wears clothes beautifully. I never regarded Joan as a fashion expert.

Classy and stylish?? I don't think so
Super Contributor

Dodie, I totally agree with you. Joan would have loved the clothes, and probably the woman herself. Mrs. Clooney is a very accomplished woman. She doesn't need George Clooney!! And, actually, Joan was a fashion expert. She knew a lot about REAL designers and clothing.
Respected Contributor

I think Joan would have approved of everything but the dress that was way too short in the front. Her comments would have been hilarious! It would have been a gorgeous dress if it had only been longer in the front. The Daily Mail had a pictorial juxtaposing Alma and Duchess Kate's outfits, painting Kate as too stodgy. It was absurd, as Kate has a very different role and responsibilities. Also, I think Kate makes a point to wear less expensive clothes a lot of times because it presents a better image to the British public. When she wears less expensive off-the-rack dresses, they sell out immediately. She also must showcase British designers.