Trusted Contributor
If she had heart problems, I'm surprised she's had so many plastic surgeries. Anesthesia is a dangerous thing and I know from experience. I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy at the same time. After that, I had colon cancer surgery a few years ago and after the surgery I had a severe seizure. I never had a seizure in my life. Of course the doctors said they didn't know why. The whole time I was in the hospital I remembered absolutely nothing. Like it was just a blank part of my life. The day I left the hospital I then remembered going into an ambulance to a rehab center for therapy. My friend is an OR nurse and told me that in all probability it was from the anesthesia. I'm sorry I don't mean for this to be about me, just about what anesthesia can do. As far as Joan was concerned, I read she had her own personal anesthesiologist so I wonder why he wasn't with her when she had the endoscopy done. I hope through the investigation we find out exactly what happened.
Trusted Contributor
Sorry double post.
Regular Contributor

Funny you mentioned Spike...I've been thinking of her current doggies and feeling so sad. They must be so confused wondering when she'll come home. I cry every time I think about it.

New Contributor

Joan loved her animals. Spike lived to be 17 years old and was truly her little canine angel.

Respected Contributor
I too remembered Joan bringing Spike with her to the Q. Loved watching her with Kathy Levine, they did their job selling jewelry but were so funny. I have several pieces of Joan's jewelry that are still just like new even though worn a lot. Also remember several stories about how Joan cleaned up and picked up after Spike just like any good doggie Mom. Will really miss her.
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Super Contributor

Think of it this way. She's with Spike and Edgar again. She lived to a good age and didn't have to be ill for years before she left. She went to sleep for surgery and didn't wake up. No pain. All in all, not a bad way to leave. A poster said something about so many plastic surgeries. All it says about her is like us all she had insecurities. I like to think of her being really happy now with her family that have already passed.

Contributor

I loved it when her dog was on set with her. My favorite memory is when her and Kathy Levine did an all night pajama party selling her jewelry. It was so funny. I remember trying to stay up all night to watch. I also loved Stormy Rivers - the miniseries - with her and some of the host along with the great promos (Joan as a rock star etc). Those days were soooo fun. I couldn't wait to see what the new Stormy Rivers would be or the new promo, which were so creative and fun. She was one of a kind!

Valued Contributor
On 9/6/2014 pupcakes said:

I remember her bringing Spike and his girlfriend to every show. I had read when she contemplated suicide that Spike has sat on the gun.

That was the adorable ""Veronica"".

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/7/2014 nmarie said:

I loved it when her dog was on set with her. My favorite memory is when her and Kathy Levine did an all night pajama party selling her jewelry. It was so funny. I remember trying to stay up all night to watch. I also loved Stormy Rivers - the miniseries - with her and some of the host along with the great promos (Joan as a rock star etc). Those days were soooo fun. I couldn't wait to see what the new Stormy Rivers would be or the new promo, which were so creative and fun. She was one of a kind!

Those were hysterical shows!

Honored Contributor
On 9/7/2014 luvtoshopathome said: If she had heart problems, I'm surprised she's had so many plastic surgeries. Anesthesia is a dangerous thing and I know from experience. I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy at the same time. After that, I had colon cancer surgery a few years ago and after the surgery I had a severe seizure. I never had a seizure in my life. Of course the doctors said they didn't know why. The whole time I was in the hospital I remembered absolutely nothing. Like it was just a blank part of my life. The day I left the hospital I then remembered going into an ambulance to a rehab center for therapy. My friend is an OR nurse and told me that in all probability it was from the anesthesia. I'm sorry I don't mean for this to be about me, just about what anesthesia can do. As far as Joan was concerned, I read she had her own personal anesthesiologist so I wonder why he wasn't with her when she had the endoscopy done. I hope through the investigation we find out exactly what happened.

Yes, and I still say given her health issues, this procedure should have been done in a hospital, as someone with arrhythmia can arrest at any time.