Regular Contributor

When Joan was on QVC in person, her clothes were in good taste and appropriate.  Ton continue the line in her name with  the items that are now on QVC is in poor taste.  She would wear none of  the clothes that now fall under her name.  All the huge shirts and plaids and styles that she would never herself present is a joke.  IMO the line should be discontinued as it is now like every other line QVC has endorsed as one of their brands.  

Respected Contributor

Times have changed and so has fashion.   I think David is trying to keep the brand relevant and modern.  It's like any other line.  Some things I like and some I don't. 

Joan had impeccable taste.  I remember the beautiful suits and accessories she wore when she first came to QVC 30 years ago.  Women for the most part just don't dress like that anymore and the line reflects the changing times.  I don't think Joan would wear a lot of what the line is today but then I don't believe she would have worn much of what she presented before she passed.  JMO.

Esteemed Contributor

I found her items years back were too short/length for me.....even though i am on the edge of petite........often

celebrities who present the clothes and designers fashion their clothing line after their body types...............

but i have seen some nice blouses which i ended up not ordering because David seems obsessed with putting DARTS in all of them.............if a dart isn't in the same place

as ones chest the tops look bunchy, and mishapen....and often even the models don't line up.  Wonder if David's chest is in the same place it was 40 years ago???? haha

Trusted Contributor

@maggi the cat  ITA.  If David wants to continue with these clothes, he should change the name.  

Honored Contributor

Joan was a business woman as much as she was a style icon, a comedian, etc.  I haven't the slightest idea what she would have offered us had she lived on into the fashion world of today, but given the changes I've seen everywhere else, I think her line would look different today from what we saw then.

Honored Contributor

Do you think Joan would still be selling all of those short jackets with the elastic bunching in the waist in the back, with those short bracelet sleeves?  If the brand had one, they had a hundred of those jackets.  I owned two.  Who wears those today?

No brand can stay the way it was in the past; fashion changes and in order to stay alive the designs change as well.  David is trying to keep the brand relevant and profitable.  QVC is not holding onto the brand out of nostalgia.  If it stops being high in sales (evidenced by how many times it appears in shows every week), it would be gone.

Honored Contributor

Reviewed her line and I don't think her clothing is as over the top as a few of the other designers.  In fact, much of it looks like many of the other designers. 

I really like the plaid shirts, but the cut of all her shirts is too wide at the bottom and fabric much too thin for me.  The reasons I didn't keep those I tried.

If David used heavier cotton fabric and made the shirts more slim at the bottom, I'd buy them.  

IMO Joan was best at jewelry.  Her Chanel inspired pieces wouldn't be a hot item today, but I bought a lot of it back then and still wear it.  I also loved her Faberge jewelry, but that too doesn't seem to be popular anymore.  Expected her egg necklace to sell out and it's getting all 5 stars.  I purchased the longer version when it was first introduced.  So well done, it's worthy of passing on to daughters and granddaughters.  

Honored Contributor

Everyone has their own opinion.  I think some of Joan's clothes are very nice.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have purchased some of her things and none of them were plaid, or big shirts, or in poor taste

If you don't want to buy don't. Why discontinue something other people are buying ,and like?

I have never seen a worse place than this one for trying to control  what is available for others , who might like what  they are offering

Her wardrobe builders are wonderful

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Reviewed her line and I don't think her clothing is as over the top as a few of the other designers.  In fact, much of it looks like many of the other designers. 

I really like the plaid shirts, but the cut of all her shirts is too wide at the bottom and fabric much too thin for me.  The reasons I didn't keep those I tried.

If David used heavier cotton fabric and made the shirts more slim at the bottom, I'd buy them.  

IMO Joan was best at jewelry.  Her Chanel inspired pieces wouldn't be a hot item today, but I bought a lot of it back then and still wear it.  I also loved her Faberge jewelry, but that too doesn't seem to be popular anymore.  Expected her egg necklace to sell out and it's getting all 5 stars.  I purchased the longer version when it was first introduced.  So well done, it's worthy of passing on to daughters and granddaughters.  

I absolutely agree.  Her fashions never appealed to me.  I hate big shirts and tunics.  Her jewelry on the other hand was lovely.  I still have many pieces from her early days and wear them on occasion.  Times have changed and so have my taste in fashion and jewelry.