Esteemed Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers re The N Y Times - not speculation

On 9/26/2014 straitgirl said:
On 9/26/2014 ibb38 said:

With Joan's passing my 86 year old Dad decided he had enough with dialysis. He passed away on Wednesday, peacefully and with no regrets. My incredible Dad lived a very full life!

So sorry.

Thank you so much...

Honored Contributor

All I know is that dear Joan had tons of energy, was very bright, quick-minded. She worked very hard, keeping on top of all of her businesses, etc. Truly in control of everything. I must say that she possibly had more intelligence, mental and physical/working capabilities (and energy) than many/some teens. 80 is the new 20, in her case.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

What really puzzles me is Joan offered help to MBR when she needed a Dr. for her child, to other hosts when their family member had issues. Always volunteering her connections to get Drs. for the hosts. But she goes to a clinic, with uncertified people. Even if it were the best clinic, at her age procedures like the one she had should be preformed in a hospital. Why did she go there?

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/1/2014 Miranda1550 said:

What really puzzles me is Joan offered help to MBR when she needed a Dr. for her child, to other hosts when their family member had issues. Always volunteering her connections to get Drs. for the hosts. But she goes to a clinic, with uncertified people. Even if it were the best clinic, at her age procedures like the one she had should be preformed in a hospital. Why did she go there?

I'm only 55 - but will never have my every 3 yr colonoscopy at a surgi center again! Lessons learned.

Respected Contributor

Sad, sad, sad. A much loved mother and grandmother has passed. Her daughter and grandson will miss her the rest of their lives. If something was done illegally or unethically, I hope it will be discovered. Otherwise, the news media needs to put a lid on it until all the facts are discovered and explained.

Valued Contributor

Imo, this is a very irresponsible, inflammatory op.
Valued Contributor

Maybe qvc is letting it go on in hopes that they'll get more people who are so emotionally involved to buy more of Joan's things.
Valued Contributor

On 10/2/2014 Sawn said: Maybe qvc is letting it go on in hopes that they'll get more people who are so emotionally involved to buy more of Joan's things.