Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers line does not look classic to me anymore

I had a bad experience with JR jewelry in the early days of QVC.  So, never bought anymore.

Then tried clothes in 2021 ....

Only JR clothing I ever bought (September 202I)  were 2 pairs of pants that were on sale.   I paid $17 for each ..... printed (not woven) glen plaid and the plaid does not match at the seams.

Never again .... I learned my lesson well.

Joan Rivers Regular Plaid Pull-On Full Length Pants - A366438

Trusted Contributor

I was such a JR fan, it's sad that the line has gone downhill. I loved her jewelry and have many, many pieces. When I had my business I wore a lot of pins and nearly all of them were JR's, I always got loads of comments and compliments on them. The other brand I loved were from the Jackie Kennedy collection....they are gorgeous and I still wear them from time to time.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Respected Contributor

I don't know how hands on she was in designing her clothing line on QVC but I find it difficult to think she would like her name on the line now. I bought a few of her shirts and they always seemed to be so huge. They looked nice and were well made, all cotton, but I never could find the right size. The mediums, which I wear pretty much across the board in all fashion, were way too big; the smalls sleeve length weren't long enough. I think things would be much different if she were still around. I truly hope I'm not hurting any feelings; if you feel they make you look good, that's all that matters. They just don't work for me and my strange body size.

Trusted Contributor

I said years ago after Joan passed away the line should be discontinued, or at least remove Joan's name from it!  Joan wouldn't have worn any of it.  All DD was presenting were "boyfriend shirts."  

Esteemed Contributor

I have pins and brooches from Joan Rivers and the Jackie Kennedy line. As you say @We rescue cats they have  held up well and I enjoy wearing them very much.

Honored Contributor

One of the reasons JR's line has cheapened is because the company that made Louis Dell'Olio's, Bob Mackie's, and JR's went out of business when LDO left.  QVC kept cutting budgets.  This higher quality manufacturer could no longer stay in business with QVC's pricing and, as I understand it, without LDO.   

Enter a manufacturer accepting lower costs from QVC...also enter lower quality.  

I looked over JR's line here on QVC and most of it still looks classic to me with an  occasional trendy.  

My problem with this line is the fabric and cut.  I like the shirt style, but the fabric is much too thin, this brand not a good fit on me, and overall quality, I think, has gone down. 

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee   When Joan Rivers was alive, I bought quite a few pieces of her clothing and jewelry. I loved that she made petite

sizes in good quality fabrics.

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

@Foxxee   When Joan Rivers was alive, I bought quite a few pieces of her clothing and jewelry. I loved that she made petite

sizes in good quality fabrics.

@Enufstuff 

Yes, much better quality back then.