Regular Contributor

Joan Rivers line does not look classic to me anymore

I am relatively new to QVC. I’ve only been a shopper since about 2018. I didn’t discover Louis DellOlio until 2020, and then his line was discontinued. I found some Joan Rivers things that I liked over the last couple of years. I would describe them as classics, something you might find in Talbots or a store like that. I bought the cutest little A-line denim dress, and I bought some eyelet blouses that are very nice, and I have a whole bunch of square neck T-shirts that just dress up an outfit. I’m sure I’m forgetting some of the other things I’ve bought. But, lately, when I look at what is being offered, it does not seem very much like classical attire. I can’t imagine Joan Rivers wearing, a body hugging, tiered maxi dress, for example. I have anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers line does not look classic to me anymore

There are several lines which have switched hands on QVC.  They are never, ever, the same.  Ditto with cosmetics.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

None of the Joan Rivers line appeals to me anymore. Once they change hands and designers, the quality goes down and the look isn't the same anymore. I loved her eyelet shirts....none of the other lines on Q sell actual eyelet. It is all cheap- looking imitation of real summery eyelet, which is a classic. I think holding on to the original  amd is misleading  and they should just change the name altogether. It would avoid disappointment.

Respected Contributor

@GoodyShoes:  Ditto

Respected Contributor

@GoodyShoes I agree with you. The line has become very repetitve in its offerings - can you say big shirt? 

I have items from the line bought years ago that I really like - clothes and jewelry. I haven't bought anything in a long while.

Regular Contributor

So, is it David Dangle still the designer? I thought he designed under Joan and still designs. Did he take a step back?
Honored Contributor

Most of the designers left I see have lost their creativity to QVC.  QVC wants jeans, t-shirts, dresses, ankle pants, etc, they churn out all of them the way our car manufacturers have lost creativity.  Can we tell who makes what anymore?  They all look alike.  

That's why I think the best designers are no longer there.  

Esteemed Contributor

The only thing I have bought from Joan Rivers, that I can think of now, was a necklace and maybe earrings set?  I think it was lady bugs.  But I never wore it much at all.

Years ago I was sent a Joan Rivers long tunic length cardigan of hers, by mistake.  It had elbow sleeves and a just one hook and eye around the bust line.  It was so cheap looking and feeling.  This was when Joan was still alive and active in her line.  At the time I expected much more quality from her.  She had some nice designs, but I never bought anything.  David Dangle seems like a very nice man.  I don't think that line will be around much longer.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Agreed. I liked the line years ago, but not in the past year or two. The quality has been cheapened down and the styles aren't classic anymore. It reminds me more of Denim & Co. 

Honored Contributor

@GoodyTwoShoes   Agreed.  The line has gone downhill - and it's still going.  Sad!