Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers clothing shows

@Spurt wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I can't disagree more. Joan wore classic styles and dressed them up. These shirts are great basics, somehow I can't see Joan wearing  some of the silly styles that are being pushed now. You don't have to wear ruffles and flounces to look feminine.

@QVCkitty1

Your right there is nothing wrong with classic styles and some of the other clothing lines seem to go with a lot of fashion fads that will soon be out of style.  However, I think that David has worked the boyfriend shirt a bit too much and would like to see more variety of classic styles 

@Spurt, I just hope that they don't veer too much toward the styles that the other lines push. There should be at least one line, that doesn't jump on the newest bandwagon. But that's just me, I'm sure they will  present whatever sells the most.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I can't disagree more. Joan wore classic styles and dressed them up. These shirts are great basics, somehow I can't see Joan wearing  some of the silly styles that are being pushed now. You don't have to wear ruffles and flounces to look feminine.

@QVCkitty1

Your right there is nothing wrong with classic styles and some of the other clothing lines seem to go with a lot of fashion fads that will soon be out of style.  However, I think that David has worked the boyfriend shirt a bit too much and would like to see more variety of classic styles 

@Spurt, I just hope that they don't veer too much toward the styles that the other lines push. There should be at least one line, that doesn't jump on the newest bandwagon. But that's just me, I'm sure they will  present whatever sells the most.

@QVCkitty1

I too like nicely styled classics and your right ALL the QVC lines look alike nowadays....cold shoulder or uneven hems, tons of layers and LOTS of 3/4 sleeves and flyaway cardiagans  (that might not be appropriate in warm weather places), and look a tad ridiculous with capri pants which they ALL have!!!  Yep, would be nice to see something differnt in clothing from QVC..... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

All those plaids on the big shirt would make me look like Farmer John.  So very unattractive.  Plus, if I were in the market to buy one, where are the petites?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Not a fan of boyfriend shirts.

Not a fan of seersucker boyfriend shirts.

Not a fan of checked boyfriend shirts.

Not a fan of striped boyfriend shirts.

Would never even wear one as a jacket.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

I can only imagine how tired David D must be of presenting "boyfriend shirts"!!!!  Surely, they can come up with other styles!

I think it's tough now because when Joan was alive they used to copy the designer stuff she wore, now they can't really do that anymore. 

I suppose they could do more of the jackets, but maybe there isn't much of demand for those

You would think, Melissa being in charge and probably having some of her mother's clothes or at least pictures of her apparel, that they would use that as template.

Esteemed Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

I can only imagine how tired David D must be of presenting "boyfriend shirts"!!!!  Surely, they can come up with other styles!

I think it's tough now because when Joan was alive they used to copy the designer stuff she wore, now they can't really do that anymore. 

I suppose they could do more of the jackets, but maybe there isn't much of demand for those

You would think, Melissa being in charge and probably having some of her mother's clothes or at least pictures of her apparel, that they would use that as template.

I think Melissa gained so much from her mother's settlement and wealth that unfortunately, her fashion/jewelry/cosmetic line has taken a far backseat.