Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers clothing shows

Seems people are divided on the boyfriend shirts.  I happen to think they are great.

Honored Contributor

So -for those who don't like the boyfriend shirts - when they are on why don't you just go do something else for a few min. Don't you think it is pretty unfair to think that just because YOU don't like them that no one should be able to get one and they should never be shown? I see many things on QVC that I'm not interested in purchasing, that doesn't mean that QVC shouldn't ever have them on - other people like those products, & purchase them. For instance if WEN or Dooney & bourke or any of the "gourmet" foods are on I just skip right past the channel.

Respected Contributor

I agree, I love the big shirt, have so many of hers. Why should David not keep up this style/? I wear them alot, and every place I go people tell me how nice I look and where did I get it. And the pockets are just wonderful. Keep bringing the big shirt David, I know lots of woman love them and I buy one nearly every show.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Trix  I understand your point, but don't think she would have approved of 2 hrs. of the same design in various fabrics show after show.

Gross exaggeration. In a 2 hour show - maybe 2 bigshirts at most.

Honored Contributor

@Karie2022 wrote:

@TY wrote:

I find that the clothing line no longer reflects Joan's vision. There are too many big boyfriend shirts.

The only item that appeals to me is the lace jacket A263867.

I have a fall winter version of the lace jacket with faux leather and it's nice. It's the same as item A271937 but I bought mine in Canada.

I cringe every time I see those boy friend shirts...big boxy, not flattering on anyone...jmo 

I totally disagree - not everyone wants to go out with half the girls showing and all their clothing so skin tight they may as well not have it on. The popularity of Joan's big shirts proves it!!!They are quite expensive actually, but that they constantly sell out at that price proves that they are what many QVC viewers want - modest clothing. 

Occasional Contributor

I totally agree with you.I have a closet full of Joans Jackets,pants,tops that i purchasedin the past and there was always something I wanted to buy.Now the line has nothing exciting and I haven't bought a thing since Joan passed away.I think they need new designers that truly have her sense of style.They lost their mojo.

Occasional Contributor

Totally agree,they have lost their inspiration -Joans sense of style!

Too many boyfriend shirts & how many trenchcoats do you really want??

The need new designers !

Respected Contributor

March 14 is supposed to be a restart of her jewelry
Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Karie2022 wrote:

@TY wrote:

I find that the clothing line no longer reflects Joan's vision. There are too many big boyfriend shirts.

I have a fall winter version of the lace jacket with faux leather and it's nice. It's the same as item A271937 but I bought mine in Canada.

I cringe every time I see those boy friend shirts...big boxy, not flattering on anyone...jmo 

I totally disagree - not everyone wants to go out with half the girls showing and all their clothing so skin tight they may as well not have it on. The popularity of Joan's big shirts proves it!!!They are quite expensive actually, but that they constantly sell out at that price proves that they are what many QVC viewers want - modest clothing. 

I think one can wear modest clothing without the oversized big shirts all the time. What I'm seeing on TV when her clothing line is on is a lot of big shirts paired with wide leg pants. I don't think it's attractive at all. I also looked at The Shopping Channel in Canada to see what new Joan Rivers clothes they are bringing in for spring and their blockbuster is yet another overpriced cotton plaid big shirt. Canadians aren't likely to buy this shirt even at the sale price of $89.99 CDN -- the regular price is listed at $109.99 CDN. A similar shirt sold on QVC would go for about $49.99 U.S. The Canadian dollar may be down about 25% from par, but Canadians can do math and paying nearly twice as much as Americans for clothes made in China isn't going to fly with me.

I think that the Joan Rivers clothing line is so overpriced and has lost its way that I didn't buy a single clothing item from the Joan Rivers line in 2016 and I've been buying clothes from her line from both QVC and The Shopping Channel in Canada for nearly 10 years. The faux leather and lace jacket I bought in January 2017 from TSC was my first clothing purchase from her line in nearly a year and a half. 

Honored Contributor

@Karie2022 wrote:

@TY wrote:

My opinion too.  I cannot imagine Joan wearing all those big over-sized, boxy shirts.  Maybe if she was making dinner.  Oh, nevermind.  Joan would never make dinner nor clean a toilet.