Esteemed Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers and Susan Graver

I bought much of my clothing on the Q years ago also.  I like SG and the qaulity of the pieces I have are excellent and still going strong.  Even back when I shopped a lot more than I do now, as much as I loved JR her clothing line never worked for me.  It was always an odd fit and weird material.   And yes overpriced even then!  I cannot speak for current items as I am not buying much at all in recent years on the Q but I can see when watching how much more items cost and I'm sure being made cheaper like everything else.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a bargain shopper.  I buy by style and color combinations.  I look for sales and clearance and AS IS.  Prices have skyrocked lately so I tend to shop Walmart, Zulily and Blair.... all on sale... deep sale.  

Honored Contributor

I used to buy SG fairly often - but in the last few years - not much.  Her fabrics, prints and color choices don't work for me.  And, I'm moving away from knit fabrics.  

The only JR clothing I ever bought have been 2 pairs of pants that were on sale.   I like the style, fit and fabric  ..... they were only $17 - but the side seams don't match.  Fortunately not that glaring an issue because of the colors, and they are only "everyday" pants.

Joan Rivers Regular Plaid Pull-On Full Length P - A366438

Contributor

I think SG is a victim of our society's all-casual all-the-time attitude. Used to like her stuff for work. Now I'm retired, so I wouldn't buy it anymore anyway. I see she's making more casual stuff now. I just can't get into this casual stuff. Our society has become so lazy. Even at weddings people wear awful stuff. IMHO of course! I'm old-school.