Honored Contributor

Joan Rivers Tunic--Sizing Question

[ Edited ]

I'm thinking about ordering A-275338, Joan Rivers Buffalo Check Tunic.  I've never ordered clothes from QVC.  I usually shop at Loft or Anthropologie and wear a Small.  Would I be an XS in Joan Rivers?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers Tunic--Sizing Question

Well, I can't find the garment sizing anywhere, just that sizing chart, which never helps me!  I need the garment size!!

I remember this shirt as I bought one a while ago and it runs big.... the large has a garment chest size of 48" and if I remember correctly, that was pretty good for me and when it came it was accurate.  I measured one of my favorite shirts from underarm seam to underarm seam and doubled it and 48" was comfortable for me as the garment chest size.

Good luck.... it's kind of a cr*p shoot, but that's just my humble opinion.....Woman Frustrated

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

I'm thinking about ordering A-275338, Joan Rivers Buffalo Check Tunic.  I've never ordered clothes from QVC.  I usually shop at Loft or Anthropologie and wear a Small.  Would I be an XS in Joan Rivers?

If you normally wear a Small I'd definitely go down a size and see what happens!  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I couldn't find the garment sizing either @Q4u.  I'm kind of afraid I might need an XXS, and this tunic isn't available in that size in any color.  I don't want to have to return it.  I'm not sure what I'll do.  I just thought it was really cute when it was presented.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

It IS cute.  I really debated that one for summer as I have a burgundy light denim that is very easy to wear, but I love the check.... still thinking about it... Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

To get exact garment measurements, you have to click on the "read more" on description.

Extra small measures 40.5 inches.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

To get exact garment measurements, you have to click on the "read more" on description.

Thanks @RoughDraft.  How much room are you supposed to have between what you measure and what the garment measures?  I'm a 32D, so 40.5" sounds awfully big.  I'll have to measure one of my shirts and compare.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I measured a shirt that I have that fits me well and isn't fitted.  It measured smaller than the XX-Small in this shirt.  An XX-Small in the black and white appeared today, so I may really take a chance with it.  The black or pink is what I was thinking about anyway.  Could the XX-Small that's listed today be a return?  There aren't even any reviews on this shirt yet.  That size disappeared as soon as I put it in my cart, so it must have been a return.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Thanks @RoughDraft.  How much room are you supposed to have between what you measure and what the garment measures?  I'm a 32D, so 40.5" sounds awfully big.  I'll have to measure one of my shirts and compare.

I think that's a great idea.  I've measured tops/blouses that I have where I really like the fit too.  I guess it all depends on what look/style you're going for in a blouse (i.e. more fitted or casual).

Good luck!

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack, I don't think there are any returns yet since this shirt just showed up today under New Arrivals. I think it has just been a very popular shirt today. If you ordered the XXS, I think you will be pleased with it. Better a little oversized than too small.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop