Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers - Houndstooth fans...

On 10/13/2014 bluegrassbaby said:
On 10/13/2014 Ford1224 said:

I don't know why, but I just don't care for houndstooth anything. I know it's the big thing this year and, of course, it's also a classic.

I understand Ford, when my mom would wear houndstooth I never saw the appeal...now in my 50's I'm loving it.

I could not have said it better myself! I'll be 55 in December and can so relate to your statement! It's as if I turned a corner a couple of years ago (not when I was 50 though...lol...I was in denial for a few years after I turned 50...didn't get my AARP card til I was 52...denial, denial, denial.

Now, in just a couple of months, I'll be able to order from the senior menu at Perkins {#emotions_dlg.blink}

The excitement never ends {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 10/13/2014 bluegrassbaby said:
On 10/13/2014 Susan Louise said:
On 10/11/2014 BOYINTX said:

I miss Joan too..yes the houndstooth is very rich and classic Happy for you.

Thank you! I'm watching JR's show now...had to get a box of kleenex.

Ditto here Susan Louise...In my mind, I saw her scooting across the stage in front of Jill when the blue jacket was presented.

Awwww...yes, Joan was just a joy...always fun to watch! David and Jill are doing a wonderful job today Smile

Honored Contributor

I just received them today...LOVE! I can't wait to wear them

Valued Contributor

I love her houndstooth. Got 2 of her jackets and am awaiting her boyfriend cardigan. I wanted it before but hesitated. Now that she is gone I jumped at it. Going forward soon we won't know if her hand was on it. So I wanted something I knew was her making.

Super Contributor

I absolutely ADORE all things black and white houndstooth!

Respected Contributor

On 10/13/2014 Ford1224 said:

I don't know why, but I just don't care for houndstooth anything. I know it's the big thing this year and, of course, it's also a classic.

Ford, please don't come to Tuscaloosa, home of the University of Alabama, Roll Tide LOL. Their signature style has always included houndstooth (black/white and red/white). Yes, it is a classic look. Look up Paul Bear Bryant and his famous houndstooth hat. Each game day at UA you will see thousands of these hats perched on these crazy fans.

Honored Contributor

On 10/16/2014 Nadjalu said:

I love her houndstooth. Got 2 of her jackets and am awaiting her boyfriend cardigan. I wanted it before but hesitated. Now that she is gone I jumped at it. Going forward soon we won't know if her hand was on it. So I wanted something I knew was her making.

ITA! I had been thinking the same...don't know how consistent the restocking or new items will be...

Honored Contributor

On 10/16/2014 JamicaJammer said:

I absolutely ADORE all things black and white houndstooth!

Did you order the TSV? I did...in red, cobalt blue and the black (black/white). Although it's 'buffalo check', not houndstooth, it's fairly similar Smile

Occasional Contributor

I ordered 3 of her wraps and used all 3 of them at Christmas occasions. I felt wonderful representing her not to mention I looked Fab. You can't go wrong with this look. Well wishes to all in the New Year.