Valued Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers Gone at 81! So sad.......

On 9/4/2014 Sheesh said:

Where is the Q's statement on her passing---she has been a powerhouse for the Q for more than 2 decades---they should have had a statement prepared and ready for publication. What unsophisticated, even naive, executive management the Q has!

There is a statement on the website. I expect one on-air when they have time prepare a mini tribute for Joan. If you remember when Jean passed they did a longer tribute later.

Frequent Contributor

I could not believe it when I first learned of the tragic incident with the throat surgery. She was someone that you just felt would be around forever. Loved her humor. She will be sorely missed. Prayers go out to her family and close friends.

Respected Contributor

On 9/4/2014 RunnerMom said:

I could not believe it when I first learned of the tragic incident with the throat surgery. She was someone that you just felt would be around forever. Loved her humor. She will be sorely missed. Prayers go out to her family and close friends.

She didn't even have throat surgery---she was just there for an endoscopy exam to look at her vocal cords---no surgery at all---they are reporting it incorrectly! She was supposed to perform again the next day.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

On 9/4/2014 milly said:
On 9/4/2014 Sheesh said:

Where is the Q's statement on her passing---she has been a powerhouse for the Q for more than 2 decades---they should have had a statement prepared and ready for publication. What unsophisticated, even naive, executive management the Q has!

There is a statement on the website. I expect one on-air when they have time prepare a mini tribute for Joan. If you remember when Jean passed they did a longer tribute later.

Where? I have looked repeatedly and don't see anything.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

On 9/4/2014 Sheesh said:
On 9/4/2014 milly said:
On 9/4/2014 Sheesh said:

Where? I have looked repeatedly and don't see anything.

http://community.qvc.com/forums/joan-rivers/topic/467923/qvc-mourns-the-passing-of-joan-rivers.aspx

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

On 9/4/2014 Remee said:

It's not the time to discuss her. Give it a rest and let her family and friends mourn her. Instead, pray for them in the quietness of your home.

There isn't one thing wrong with those of us who loved her , coming together here to share our sorrow.

If the "quietness of your home"- works for you, go right ahead. The rest of us will grieve in our own way , which is our individual right.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Super Contributor

My heart breaks for Melissa and Cooper - I know how much Joan adored them and I am sure they will grieve for a long time. She was one in a million. She made some tapes years ago about her challenges in life and I remember listening to them over and over. They gave me strength. I will miss her - rest in peace dear Joan.
Honored Contributor

On 9/4/2014 Remee said:

It's not the time to discuss her. Give it a rest and let her family and friends mourn her. Instead, pray for them in the quietness of your home.

Lord of the universe, Who reigned
before anything was created —
at the time when by His will all things were made,
then was His name proclaimed King.
And after all things shall cease to be,
the Awesome One will reign alone.
He was, He is,
and He shall be in glory.
He is one, and there is no other
to compare to Him, to consort with Him.
Without beginning, without end,
power and dominion belong to Him.
He is my G-d and my ever-living Redeemer,
the strength of my lot in time of distress.
He is my banner and my refuge,
my portion on the day I call.
Into His hand I entrust my spirit,
when I sleep and when I wake.
And with my soul, my body too,
the Lord is with me, I shall not fear.

Honored Contributor

On 9/4/2014 Remee said:

I suppose ""they"" (whomever they are) are reading your posts?

Super Contributor

On 9/4/2014 RunnerMom said:

She had no surgery. Her endoscopy was done in her doctor's office, not a hospital. Standard procedure. I had two myself.

But you can't expect someone to be around "forever". After all, she was in her 80's.

This is one of the reason's you have to sign for medical procedures. ANY procedure, on anyone, any age, can result in death, paralysis, heart and/or lung failure.

It's just the facts. No matter how minor.

Sad. but true.

May she R.I.P. {#emotions_dlg.wub}